The single most important personal finance decision you make is your career.
Over de functie
The Internal Control Specialist works within Stryker ESCS BV providing an advanced level of compliance advice and controlling activities. The key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Note that responsibilities may be added or removed as deemed necessary.
- Takes the lead in the development of a strong and efficient internal controls environment (including standard compliance documentation and procedures), through the provision of expert advice, the implementation of self-assessment tools, the sharing of best practices and continuous improvement reviews.
- Develop and execute on Financial Compliance monitoring program within Stryker ESCS BV:
o Reviews, evaluates and implements accounting systems, policies, and procedures.
o Review of local self-assessments/ control owner surveys.
o Periodic testing of SOX key controls and the non SOX key controls.
o Periodic review of key account reconciliations.
o Detailed assessments/testing for high risk areas for financial reporting, e.g. fixed assets and accrual accounting.
o Prepares and presents performance measurement reports, reflecting service and efficiency levels of financial operations.
- Develop and execute on Controlling function within Stryker ESCS BV:
o Review and constant improvement of Balance sheet reviews and independent review of Stryker ESCS BV Balance sheet accounts.
o Work with the European Share Service teams to support initiatives to improve Stryker ESCS BV’s controls environment.
o Work with the Financial Compliance Controller for Europe on standardizing and harmonizing internal controls and share best practices.
- Support/Lead Stryker ESCS BV Local Finance team to assist with audit preparedness and remediation activities:
o Participate in audit planning and preparation.
o Review and provide feedback on audit documentation.
o Work with countries to remediate audit findings (inventory related).
The Internal Control Analyst will initiate and/or support on the following duties;
- Train the local finance team on internal controls
- Support on projects that impact/are impacted by internal controls
- Share and train the local team on new/updated policies
Education & Experience
- Fluent in English
- Familiar with USGAAP, Sarbanes Oxley Act and in general Internal Control
- Major in Finance/Accounting or Control
- Minimum 4+ years relevant working experience within a multinational (preferably US based) company
- Should have the ability to see the ‘big picture’ and yet able to resolve day to day issues if required
- Strong knowledge of SOX and related financial control standards
- Strong preference to have Big four experience
- The ability to build working relationships
- Influencing skills
- Ability to establish and communicate priorities
- Ability to organize resources and effectively project management to achieve objectives
- High level of honesty, integrity, commitment and responsibility
- Accustomed to working under pressure and with deadlines
- Able to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Able to resolve problems and conflicts in a professional and tactful manner
- Able to identify and implement innovative solutions to meet business requirements
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance
- Ability to roll up the sleeves for documentation purpose and admin
The total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock-based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards - not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. They offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Sander Raemaekers via telefoonnummer 06-82487837
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.