Always looking for ambitious Finance Managers
Over de functie
The Youth Employment Progam/Project is a 6-year programme funded by the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs, that aims to create a prosperous future for 200,000 young women and men in the Middle East, North Africa, Sahel & West Africa and Horn of Africa regions. The Fund will be supporting initiatives in 23 focus countries that will offer youth, in particular young women, opportunities for work that is demand-driven and productive, offering a stable income and safe working conditions, and that is contributing to their personal development and social protection.
Private sector, civil society and knowledge institutions will be invited to submit proposals geared to scalable solutions for creating more and better jobs and income generating opportunities for youth. Solutions will in particular focus on an integrated approach that addresses the shortcomings on the demand side (jobs) and supply side (skills) and bridging the mismatch between these two in the labour market.
The Finance Manager will work with the relevant project managers as well as corporate financial management team in the oversight of the Project financial reporting and financial system administration. Using strong communications skills and analytical analysis the Financial Manager will develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, partners and clients.
The role will be responsible for assisting in the review of project finance and accounts, budgets for accuracy, creating budget narratives, researching cost information and responding to financial requests as needed.
The role will be expected to support financial reporting and forecasting for other direct and indirect projects that are managed from Utrecht.
The primary responsibilities of the Finance Manager are related to financial management on the Project/Program and these include:
- Liaising closely with Project Management team, the Challenge Fund team leader, Fund Management team and corporate financial management team
- Ensuring Profit and Loss, balance sheet and headcount plans are accurately recorded in the system
- Performing monthly forecasts and project financial analysis
- Raising monthly invoices to corporate Financial Management team and managing submissions of fund requests to the client
- Establishing budget baseline and performing statistical trend analysis
- Maintaining overview of programme expenditure against programme work plan and budgets, variance analysis.
- Maintaining a rolling cash flow projection;
- Manage relationship with auditors for the project, and prepare and provide all necessary documentation
- Ensure the appropriate use of programme codes and the up to date documentation and reconciliation of programme expenditure and accruals
- Prepare financial reports required by the client
- Reviewing grant recipients' financial reports for accuracy
- Ensuring all grant funds are achieving value for money and being spent in accordance to Fund Agreements
- Reviewing proposal budgets and providing constructive feedback
- Providing guidance to the relevant staff of partners on effective financial management
- Support program staff in grant revisions, cost extensions, no-cost extensions, budget realignments, and other as required
- Overseeing all financial and grant management responsibilities including funds disbursement, funds transfer requests and acquittals, and financial reporting.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are done with integrity and cost effectiveness and are necessary for the purpose of achieving the programme goals
- Manage all banking requirements in the Netherlands. Maintain sound professional relations with the bank and stay up to date with current financial regulations, including tax liabilities to the Netherlands company and the programmes.
- This role may be required to provide further financial support to other programmes operated out of the Netherlands office.
- Manage corporate audits for the Netherlands entity and project audits for programmes managed by the team in Utrecht.
- Oversee VAT reporting and compliance
- Providing ongoing financial training and support to team members
- The role will directly report to Program/Project Team Leader, and work closely with other members of the Project, other project teams in the Utrecht office, and the Financial Management team in London.
- Relevant Academic qualifications in a related field
- At least a Master's degree in a finance or business management, is preferred
- Experience in project accounting and revenue recognition preferred.
- Willing to travel internationally (15-20%)
- Knowledge and understanding of grant mechanisms, including fiduciary risk management
- Knowledge of Dutch VAT and tax laws
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy;
- Good organisational and planning skills;
- Strong writing and communication skills;
- Fluency in English required and Dutch fluency is preferred
- Knowledge of COBRA, PM Compass, CER systems would be advantageous
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines;
- Advanced Excel skill level.
- The ability to pursue, adapt, and lead change, and demonstrate flexibility in response to changing business environments;
- The ability to see the bigger picture and affect business drivers through decisions and actions, and the ability to contribute to the long-term profitability and growth of the organisation;
- Developing and using collaborative relationships;
- Ownership of learning and striving to develop own knowledge and capabilities to support the organisation's success;
- The ability to see how an individual fits into Palladium, impact of individual actions on bottom line and effectively manage resources.
Our client is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Tommy Pantic via telefoonnummer 06-22081296
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.