Do you have experience with metal working and statistics/analytics? This is your job
Over de functie
The department Function and Technology Development is part of the innovation chain of Philips Consumer Lifestyle in the business unit Male Grooming. The department contains about 60 engineers divided into functionally specialized groups and is responsible for the development of the primary function and realization of metal forming and machining processes for the production of high precision metal parts for the Philips.
A Sr. Process Engineer is the owner of all knowledge necessary to develop and maintain a process within agreed performance indicators. He or she is responsible for (a part of) the industrial process design of our new high precision metal parts. Besides process specifications, the engineer is also responsible for creating the functional specifications for equipment and tooling
Our main technologies are cold forming, heat treatments, Electro Chemical Machining (ECM) and Electro Discharge Machining (EDM). Seniority is built up by the number of process steps a process engineer controls or by specialization in one of the main tasks.
The following main tasks are relevant for this job:
- Organize all competencies (internal and external) necessary to maintain and develop the technology of your responsibility.
- Assess new product proposals on technical and economic feasibility.
- Define, set up and execute experiments to determine the relations between process and product parameters.
- Define, set up and execute experiments to map causes of deviation.
- Write functional specifications of all equipment and tooling necessary for controlled and robust production.
- Technical guidance of the outsourcing process of the above-mentioned equipment
- Implement process, equipment, and systems in production
- Coaching of junior process engineers
- Training of production staff
- Academic or Bachelor degree in preferably Mechanics, Physics, Materials or Chemical technology
- Feeling for precision metal working and geometrical measurements
- Knowledge of statistical analysis methods (DfSS)
- Knowledge of FEM based development
- Excellent analytical skills
- Decisive, result driven and creative team player
- Ability to communicate on different levels (Management, technical specialists, external suppliers)
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Sylvia Vrieling via telefoonnummer 06-23101614
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.