To improve the lives of patients by creating and developing innovative antibody products
Over de functie
Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a (Sr) Research Associate, Panel Generation (Cell and Molecular Science).
As a (Sr) Research Associate in the Cell and Molecular Science department, you will work with highly motivated colleagues supporting the organization with state-of-the-art molecular biology tools and capabilities. Within this team, you will directly contribute to the generation of antibody lead panels that will yield new ground-breaking medicines for cancer patients.
- You strengthen the team with your up-to-date knowledge of, and experience in molecular biology techniques
- You enjoy working on multiple projects simultaneously and can adapt to a dynamic environment
- You work closely together with Scientists and Research Associates in various projects within the team and ensure efficient handover of data and materials with other teams in the organization
- You document and report the results in an organized and concise manner
- You contribute to the optimization and innovation of equipment and processes
- You share responsible for managing and maintaining laboratory spaces, equipment and materials
- You will be given the opportunity to learn about and contribute to other technological developments in the group, such as:
- Library and display technologies (Mammalian (Lentivirus)/Yeast/Phage)
- Single cell cloning and expression profiling using FACS sorting and microfluidics
- Epitope mapping and lead optimization using library-based technologies
You are experienced and passionate about working with techniques in the field of molecular and cell biology and automation. You are enthusiastic, creative and determined. You have the ambition to further develop your skills in molecular and cell biology and are driven to work with colleagues on the development of new antibody-based cancer medicines.
Moreover, you meet the following professional requirements:
- BSc or MSc in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology or an equivalent discipline (candidates with a PhD background will not be considered for this position)
- Extensive hands-on work experience (not just internships) with molecular biology techniques like plasmid design, bacterial culture, primer design, RNA isolation, cDNA synthesis, PCR, cloning and mammalian expression
- Experience with FACS analysis, ELISA, protein expression and characterization (SDS Page)
- Affinity with process automation and optimization using liquid handling robotics (Tecan)
- Affinity with automated data analysis, experience with Python/R is a plus
- You are a self-critical thinker with an eye for detail and a team player
- You take a proactive approach to work, communicate well with other team members and are process minded
- You possess an eagerness to learn and develop yourself professionally
Direct and full-time employment at our client. Contract for 1 year, extension is anticipated.
Salary from 2800 up to 4500 euro gross per month depending on seniority.
Dynamic and innovative environment. Every employee is strongly motivated to participate in the development of new medicines which improve patients' lives. The company culture is aimed at innovation and excellence. Employees are passionate and work with determination and respect for each other to achieve our common goals. They work in multi-functional and international teams, in which each employee is stimulated to use his/her talent to contribute to innovation and results.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Edwin Parlevliet via telefoonnummer 06-12387998
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.