For Philips Male Grooming we are looking for a Consumer Researcher
Over de functie
The Product Research Center Male Grooming is responsible to represent the consumer within the Innovation and Development organization for the Shaving and Grooming product categories, ensuring the delivery on (consumer) promise for our Philips Value Propositions.
In Product Research, the key mission is to identify consumer needs, tension areas and to translate, verify and validate these insights throughout the innovation process. This will involve various types of UX and User Research to help us reach this mission. Our activities start with a focus on the support in value proposition definition and feature development, which can include digital-enabled development solutions, all the way towards the final product development stage - working towards successful launches and consumer engagement. In this, being consumer-centric is key. Linking in with the situation, habits and needs of consumers all around the world help us in developing products that fulfill the Philips Brand promise Innovation & You.
With this open position, we are searching for a new team member strongly fitting the User Researcher and/or Value Proposition Specialist roles, with solid experience in this field in relation to Product Development. Ideally, candidates most suitable are the ones considered as T-shaped, exceptionally skilled in at least one competency, but capable of applying knowledge also outside of one's own area of expertise.
Product Research Centre MG - Key Areas of Responsibility
• For all Male Grooming projects, creating a clear research logic for all consumer related opportunities, challenges, and risks, to enable the verification and validation of the relevant consumer insights
• Manage this research logic in sprints and/or lean plans
• Applying the relevant tools fitting the project, to verify and validate the consumer needs. This can be SAFe for digital projects, MVP methods, a Waterfall approach or hybrid models
• Reporting to stakeholders on progress at relevant intervals, during the execution of the program
• Support the creation and substantiation plans of strong marketing claims
• Supporting competence development in the department towards peer Product Researchers
• Safe guarding the consumer satisfaction throughout the life cycle of the solution before launch and after launch in the market
To succeed in this role, you should have a mix of the following skills and experience
• An academic degree in consumer-oriented education, like User-System interaction, Design for Interaction, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Industrial Design, or (social) psychology.
• Minimum of 2 years working experience in user research, consumer science, industrial design, psychology in the domain of product or service development.
• Working experience with UX/UI design and UX qualitative and quantitative user research
• Broad understanding of consumer research methodologies and sound understanding of the underlying statistics.
• Preferably, also experience with (scaled) agile ways of working, and embracing the agile mindset.
• Very curious orientation and empathy towards consumers and customers
• Excellent planning skills, knowing how to manage your role in the project team
• Proactive attitude, the ability to take the lead and proactively represent the end-user in our innovation processes.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
• 25 Days of leave
• Bonus opportunities to a maximum of 8% of your quarterly salary
• An extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training, and coaching
• Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
• Opportunity to travel when you’re experienced in the job (percentage 10%)
• Healthy work-life balance
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become a member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the Yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result, you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Personal Care, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO,VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Sylvia Vrieling via telefoonnummer 06-23101614
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.