Bioinformatics turns something unfathomable into something we can visualise
Over de functie
Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a Bioinformatician.
For the research facility of our biotechnological client, we are seeking a highly motivated individual to support their research as a Bioinformatician. You will report to the Senior Scientist and have responsibilities with regards to tool development and data analysis related to their aim of developing new therapies.
As a Bioinformatician your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with your R&D team to support the design and analysis of experimental research aiming to develop novel technology to enable new cell therapies. This specifically includes hands-on data analysis.
- Developing custom analysis pipelines, in particular with regards to data derived from next-generation sequencing platforms
- Serving as a subject-matter expert to your R&D team with regards to any aspect of bioinformatic data analysis
- Collaborating with outside third parties providing bioinformatic services and consultancy to your company
- Contributing to the maintenance and scale-up of your company’s IT infrastructure
- Documenting of results in laboratory journals and related databases
- Presenting obtained results in internal work-discussions
- Bachelor or Master degree in Bioinformatics. PhD candidates will not be considered for this role
- >2 years of relevant work experience (not just internships) in an academic or industrial position
- Expert knowledge in either R or Python is required. Competencies in additional scripting languages are a plus
- Familiarity with working in a Linux environment
- Experience in sequence data analysis obtained by common next-generation sequencing platforms (Illumina, Pacific Bio and Oxford Nanopore)
- Strong interest to apply bioinformatic tools to solve biological and biotechnological challenges
- Excellent organizational skills, a strong sense of urgency with regards to work duties and the ability to deliver results based on challenging timelines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Candidates must be authorized to work in The Netherlands
We offer the opportunity to join a highly dynamic biotech start-up. You can expect a collaborative environment created by a team with deep scientific expertise and an industrial track-record in cell therapies. They value pro-active team-players who pursue their goals with dedication, endurance and a daring mindset. If you share their commitment to make a difference to patients in need, they can provide an exciting second step in your career. This is a junior/ medior position as a Bioinformatician.
This concerns a full-time direct employment for 1 year, with the intention to extend. The salary band is 50 - 70K euro gross per year (including holiday allowance) depending on the candidate profile.
Our client is a pre-clinical stage biotechnology company aiming to change the paradigm of treatment for solid cancers. Thier mission is to provide cancer patients with cell therapies targeting mutated proteins. In a process that is minimally invasive for the patient, they are developing novel technologies to enable the engineering of ‘designer cells’ with specifics that display an optimized ability to seek and destroy cancer cells.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Edwin Parlevliet via telefoonnummer +31(6)12387998
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.