Philips: Innovation & You
Over de functie
For our Innovation Team Male Grooming, we are looking for an Advanced Development Project Lead to make our ambitions happen.
As an AD Project Lead you will, together with your project team members, translate consumer-, business- and functional requirements into next generation innovative Male grooming products!
Advanced Development stands for the pre-development activities within our Innovation team. Starting with consumer insights or a challenge from a technical point of view, the AD Project Lead brings the project from this point to a proven validated and verified solution.
You deliver to the succeeding project called PDLM (Product Development, Launch and Maintenance), where the proven function out of the AD project is designed and manufactured into the consumer product launch. You will supervise a team of development engineers on Function- and Product development from Value proposition, to concept creation to function proven level, where you will be the technical counterpart for our internal consumer marketing managers, our industrial designers, our manufacturing engineers (possible suppliers in Eastern Europe or in the Far East).
You will steer a multidisciplinary project team (amongst consumer marketing manager, product developers, function developers, product researchers, new product industrialization engineers and quality engineers) as the project lead.
You are responsible for:
• Translating the consumer, commercial, functional and design requirements into the project scope, project planning, -time, -quality criteria;
• Creation of the required development logic with the development team and manage the cross-functional aspects as a project leader;
• Translating the commercial, functional and design requirements into the project plan, -time, -quality criteria;
• Identifying gaps and implementing improvements to bring the development approach to a higher level (according to DfSS methodology);
• Ensuring your AD projects are resourced to win (aligned capacity with the right competences), building a winning team out of the group of project members;
• Leading, coaching and stimulating the multi-disciplinary team of technical, consumer, marketing and design team members to enable strategic decisions on progress and content;
• Supervising the output of the technical development engineering team on Function and Product development from Value proposition to Function proven;
• Developing and optimizing functionality, performance, quality, reliability, cost price and manufacturability of products;
• Delivering the right level of burden of proof for robustness and durability for components, modules and products;
• Actively mapping and managing all stakeholders within the organization, working according to a tailor-made communication plan to manage and generate therewith the right boundary conditions for his project;
• Reporting the project results and risks to all stakeholders in the right way, presenting at In-depth review meeting for project progress, pre-consolidation and at AD CommCell for weekly status updates;
• Budget: Ensuring project cost in line with RoFo and AOP; manage project budget planning in QlikView according to the forecasts
You will be part of the AD PMO Group, which consists of ~10 young, enthusiastic AD Project leads within the Innovation Team Male Grooming, which is located in Philips Drachten. We are responsible for developing new innovations for all Function- and Technology projects related to Male grooming products. There is a high variety in project size and complexity (5 - 50 FTE, 400k/y - 2,5M/y, 1y - 3y), where depending on experience, fit and interest AD Projectleads are allocated over projects. With the group we execute B.I.s (Brief Investigations), VPCs (Value proposition creation) and ADs. You will report to the AD PMO Male Grooming Grouplead.
To be successful as an AD Project Lead, you need to have/are:
• Bachelor / Master Degree in Technical study (Electronics&Software, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering or related field), leading AD projects successfully requires a strong content-wise background and experience;
• Strong Project management skills preferably passed on the PMI PMBOK, chosen as platform for Philips Project Management Excellence community;
• You have experience in managing (international) multi-disciplinary projects, preferably in Business to Consumer;
• Knowledge of the development/design of mechanical/electronics/software of consumer products and preferably you are familiar with the manufacturability aspects.
• Excellent communication skills - both in spoken and written English; Dutch is a plus but not a must
• Ambitious Leader, a team player and you have good coordination, organizational awareness skills
• Development according to DfSS (Design for Six sigma); Consumer focused development, steering on fact-based, knowledge driven decision making as much as possible.
• Strong preference for minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of (consumer) product development or predevelopment
• Familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques
• Show drive and be quality focused.
• The ability to balance development and practical realization;
• Preference to work in an international environment.
Yacht will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the North region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: Philips, BD, Ziuz, Photonis, Gasunie, Scania, Astellas
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Sylvia Vrieling via telefoonnummer 06-23101614
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.