For Philips Floorcare we are looking for an experienced Consumer Researcher
Over de functie
As a Product Researcher your challenge is to understand what consumers want, allowing us to tailor product offerings to meet consumer needs and giving us a real competitive edge.
As Innovation Domestic Appliances in Drachten we have adopted a challenging growth strategy to significantly increase our sales, market share and margin.
To realize our goals we need to create innovative concepts and technologies and intensively invest in people and equipment. In this, being consumer centric is the key. Linking in with the situation, habits and needs of consumers all around the world helps us in developing products that fulfill the Sense and Simplicity Brand promise.
The Product Research Centre (PRC) plays an active role in contacting consumers and understanding their needs. The PRC focuses as part of a multidisciplinary team on development of the desirable product experience in home by performing a range of explorative, quantitative and qualitative research with its own panel or through external research agencies.
As Product Researcher you will steer the business by understanding and representing the end-user in our innovation projects. You are a member of product development teams. You will focus on defining requirements based on in-depth understanding of consumer needs which will be fulfilled by new technical solutions. Through executing and attending consumer research you will steer a project team in translating user needs into product solutions by providing them with end-user related insights. This means that you will ensure consumer centric product developments from creation to launch.
The personal characteristics you need in this role are we are:
• an authentic and open personality
• good communication and influencing skills
• conceptual and analytical skills: you should be able to process a range of different data
• a curious orientation towards consumers and customers: you have an outward focus
• excellent planning skills: you should know how to manage your advisory role in the project team
• a proactive attitude: you should be able to take the lead and proactively represent the end-user in our innovation processes.
• a passion for consumer products
We are looking for
To be successful in this challenging environment you bring: A university degree in engineering or industrial design, amended with relevant education in Consumer Research and/or Marketing. You have 3 to 5 years’ experience in consumer science, industrial design, psychology or product development.
• Technical background with consumer mindset to be able to see the link between technology and consumers.
• Experience in consumer research methodologies and sound understanding of the underlying statistics.
• In-depth understanding of the drivers of “consumer delight” to support the development of the category roadmap.
• The ability to pinpoint Satisfaction and Delight factors for the products under development.
• Proficiency in English is required and able to execute consumer testing in Dutch.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
• 25 Days of leave
• Bonus opportunities to a maximum of 8% of your quarterly salary
• Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
• Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
• Opportunity to travel when you’re experienced in the job (percentage 10%)
• Healthy work-life balance
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the Yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Personal Care, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO,VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Sylvia Vrieling via telefoonnummer 06-23101614
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.