Want to contribute to the future of medicine?
Over de functie
Yacht Life Sciences has a great opportunity for a Scientist Immunology (PhD) at one of our partners.
The Immunology Group of our client has two functions and responsibilities: (1) getting a better understanding of immunological aspects related to AAV-based gene therapy, and (2) exploring new technologies and/or targets with immunological background. Those two areas are major contributor to the safety and efficacy of our AAV-based products as well as value generator by delivering new technologies and therapeutic targets.
Main purpose of your job:
- Designing and executing experiments related to Immunology research programs
- Manage technical team members to guarantee the execution of the research projects
- Processing and analyzing results and data
- Converting data and results into overview reports and scientific papers
- Staying abreast of developments in the scientific discipline by keeping up with the scientific literature in this field, visiting scientific meetings and integrating the information in the project
- Finished PhD within the field of Immunology
- Experience in immune epitopes characterization or vector mediated antibodies expression is highly preferred
- Additional relevant scientific experience in the biotech field
- Able to act in a fast changing and demanding environment, willing and able to demonstrate a hands-on attitude
- Plans your own work with limited supervision of the principal scientist
- Capacity to communicate in a clear and concise manner and think through a complex problem and express it in a structured way
- Excellent presentation and writing skills in English
- Intrinsically motivated to do hands-on work
- Has a high level of integrity; regarding both personality and data
- Capable to solve day-to-day problems
- Able to think and work in a creative and explorative way
- Adapts new information and ideas and applies this effectively to his or her own work.
- Pro-active attitude, flexible, professional
Full time, 1 year contract. Longer time anticipated. Market-conform salary and additional benefits. You will become part of the Yacht Life Sciences network.
Our client is an innovative multinational gene-therapy company with headquarters based in Amsterdam. They have modern facilities and an international, enthusiastic team.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Edwin Parlevliet via telefoonnummer +31(6)12387998
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.