To improve the lives of patients by creating and developing innovative medicinal products
Over de functie
Yacht Life Sciences has a new vacancy for a position as a Senior Laboratory Technician .
In your new role, you will support the analytical and scientific goals of HMR/AAD by your expertise in cutting edge instrumental analytical technologies. You will also leverage scientific substantiation of research innovations e.g. related to functional glycans or HMOS. Your analytical focus will include but not be limited to ESI-LC-MS, MALDI-MS, GPC, structural characterization and quantitation of biomolecules (e.g. HMOS, dietary glycans) and analytical method development.
You will conduct lab analyses utilizing the aforementioned technologies on a daily basis and govern storage and distribution of samples and other specimen. Moreover, you are willing and capable of taking over tasks like junior project management and coordination of aspects related to major projects /engines. You will evaluate, report and present results in alignment with your team-leader. In this job you will have a wide diversity in projects and statistics. Finally, you will drive and support our ISO 9001 conform way of working and the necessary steps for a continued improvement in this field.
- BSc degree (mostly preferred Analytical Chemistry) or MSc in Chemistry, Biomedical Sciences or related area
- >3 years of hands on experience with ESI-LC-MS, MALDI-MS, and preparative GPC in life science research environment or within the food sector including method development and organization of lab workflows.
- Experience with LC-MS method optimization esp. with linear ion trap systems
- Skilled in usage of the necessary software to run the described analytical instrumentation (e.g. Explorer Series, Analyst (ABSciex), Exalibur, Bioworks, Chromeleon (Thermo Scientific), Chemstation (Agilent) etc.
- You are able to do the evaluation of large, complex data sets e.g. with advanced (multivariate) statistics-software tools (e.g. by PCA) and related software solutions.
- You are capable of managing self-supervised analytical projects and cross-functional scientific projects by using your good time management and organizational skills.
- You are ready to present results to colleagues and managers.
- You are experienced in preparation of standard operation procedures (SOPs) and ISO 90xx and/or GMP workflows and also with implementation of ISO9001 QM.
- You are hands-on, flexible, self-starter but also a team-player, open minded and creative.
- You are driven by knowledge and results and through your passion and enthusiasm for instrumental analytics!
- You have excellent verbal and written skills in English, other languages (German, Dutch, French) would be a plus
Secondment contract for 1 year via Yacht
Our client is a life sciences R&D innovation center for the development of new medicinal product concepts. They create formulas that provide clinically substantiated health benefits to vulnerable consumers.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Edwin Parlevliet via telefoonnummer +31(6)12387998
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.