Nothing beats giving a candidate good news!
Over de functie
- Has overall responsibility to capture cost commitments, expenditures and generates cost and financial reports, cost trend analysis, forecast and cost risk areas. Develop a work in place spend plan, field project control, Change control, validation analysis and benchmarking. Develop financial closeout reports and closeout feedback to improve future projects. Able to advise management team of critical decisions and potential issues/opportunities in a timely manner.
- Key member of Project management team, the Site teams work in project portfolios but also in discrete major Site projects.
The main responsibilities of the Engineer, Project Controls are:Project Systems control:
- Setup projects in Financial systems used by the Business and E&PM
- Open and close out capital projects. Financial asset accounting and compliance rules
- Gatekeeps expenses and capital requirements in accordance with SABIC procedures.
Project Support and Execution:
- Verify and approve invoices and certificates, with ability to validate costs from contractual basis.
- For capital projects, follow up of estimates, purchase order approval, change notice tracking and control.
- Project progress follow-up, analyze committed cost, actual and cost forecast for early warnings on potential issues. Analysis of Value of Work (VOWD) versus actual costs/forecast. Develop/Maintain ratios as applicable.
- Provide monthly reports with cost Status, which could include actuals, forecasting, Trending, Cash flow and Work in Progress (WIP) analysis as required for each project. Also any KPI’s measured by the site and European Team.
- Engineering and construction contractor’s timesheets control as required.
- Able to develop/advise/follow-up mitigation actions in order to reduce cost / maintain control
- Risk analysis in relation to contingency & cost development using for instance Crystal Ball and Monte Carlo
- Support the procurement department in engineering and construction contracts negotiation as required.
- Support procurement in project procurement Plan/Strategy/Bidder valuation for equipment and bulks.
- Ability to support in dealing with claims management and contract administration for projects.
- Review monthly reports with Project Manager and Senior Management as required
- Calculate and analyze cost metrics with historical project data and other benchmarking data.
- Ensure compliance with all technical procedures & standards as applicable to the contract.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, or bachelor Finance or Business Administration with technical affinity;
- 5 years of experience in petrochemicals or in industrial environment
- 5 - 10 years of Cost Control experience in industrial environment
- Knowledge of Project Cost Control – Budget, Forecasting and Variance analysis
- Knowledge of Project Control Procedures and best practices
- Basic Knowledge of Cost Estimation and Risk Management
- Basic knowledge of Contracts Administration
- Computer literacy MS Office / Excel proficiency n Engineering Standards and Systems Processes
- Effective interpersonal skills to build and maintain effective relationships with Management and Stakeholders.
- Ability to prepare and give effective presentations suited on various target audiences
- Good ability to do proper time management and remain calm and effective when working under pressure
- Fluent in English language (conversation and writing)
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Viera Banda via telefoonnummer 06-12744410
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.