For Philips Mother & Childcare we are looking for a Product Quality Engineer
Over de functie
Product Quality Engineer
For the Mother & Childcare department of Philips we're looking for a Product Quality Engineer.
Since the early 80's baby products are being produced in Glemsford, UK. For instance, you can think of the characteristic baby bottles with silicone teats
Since the factory in Glemsford is closing next year and the production lines are being transferred to Drachten, we're looking for a Product Quality Engineer. In this challenging job you support this huge transformation and make sure that the quality aspect in this transition is guaranteed.
You will spend the first month in the UK to observe all the (quality)processes, the working culture and talk to the people to get a clear view of the daily business. After this month you will work in Drachten and 1 or 2 days a week in Eindhoven (Businesgroup Mother & Childcare is located here). Also, you will travel to the UK occasionally.
In this role, you have the opportunity to ensure that development project targets on product quality are achieved and that defined Product Quality processes are implemented.
You are responsible for
• Coordination with suppliers for managing product quality release activities
• Support product country approbation according to approbation plan
• Support activities with external Certification bodies for obtaining compliance certificate for products.
• Create product release documents and product quality reports
• Participate in product quality improvement activities, partner with Supplier Quality Engineers and project managers to drive effective quality improvement / corrective actions from suppliers
• Ensure proper definition and execution of the product quality test plan in a project, covering all chapters defined in the Quality plan
Typical tasks are the following:
• Conduct country approbations for products
• Analyze data and prepare reports
• Monitor and track progress of quality release tests
• Monitor and track progress of annual re-release tests
• Documentation work, archiving to Philips system
• Arrange and deliver product samples to test labs
You are a part of a professional quality team, Reporting to the Sr. Quality & Regulatory Project Manager In this role, you have the opportunity to ensure that development project targets on product quality are achieved and that defined Product Quality processes are implemented.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor degree or above, preferably in an engineering field
- Experience: A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a quality and / or product development role
- A proactive and supportive attitude towards team members: a strong communicator and observer
- Ability to communicate effectively with different members within project team and suppliers at all levels
- Excellent team building skills
- Understanding the use of basic Quality Tools, Statistics and Problem Solving skills
- Willingness to travel approximately one week per month to supplier and manufacturing locations in the UK, Indonesia, as well as Eindhoven and Drachten in the Netherlands
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
• 25 Days of leave
• Bonus opportunities to a maximum of 8% of your quarterly salary
• Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
• Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
• Opportunity to travel when you’re experienced in the job (percentage 10%)
• Healthy work-life balance
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the Yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Personal Care, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO,VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Sylvia Vrieling via telefoonnummer 06-23101614
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.