The work we do today should ensure a better life for future generations.
Over de functie
Yacht Life Sciences has an opportunity for an Analytical Research Associate.
In your new role, you will support the analytical and scientific goals of HMR/AAD (Human Milk Research / Advanced Analytical Discovery) by your expertise in cutting edge instrumental analytical technologies. You will also leverage scientific substantiation of research innovations e.g. related to functional glycans or HMOS. Your analytical focus will include but not be limited to ESI-LC-MS, MALDI-MS, GPC, structural characterization and quantitation of biomolecules (e.g. HMOS, dietary glycans) and analytical method development. You will conduct lab analyses utilizing the aforementioned technologies on a daily basis and govern storage and distribution of samples and other specimen. Moreover, you are willing and capable of taking over tasks like junior project management and coordination of aspects related to major ELN (Early Life Nutrition) projects /engines. You will evaluate, report and present results in alignment with your teamleader. In this job you'll have a wide diversity in projects and statistics. Finally, you will drive and support our ISO 9001 conform way of working and the necessary steps for a continued improvement in this field.
- HLO degree (mostly preferred Analytical Chemistry) or Master degree (MSc) in Chemistry, Biomedical Sciences or related area
- 3 years of hands on experience with ESI-LC-MS, MALDI-MS, and preparative GPC in life science research environment or within the food sector including method development and organization of lab workflows.
- Experience with LC-MS method optimization esp. with linear ion trap systems
- Experience with HPLC method optimization
- Preferably experienced in purification of carbohydrates
- Skilled in usage of the necessary software to run the described analytical instrumentation (e.g. Explorer Series, Analyst (ABSciex), Exalibur, Bioworks, Chromeleon (Thermo Scientific), Chemstation (Agilent) etc.
- You are able to do the evaluation of large, complex data sets e.g. with advanced (multivariate) statistics-software tools (e.g. by PCA) and related software solutions.
- You are capable of managing self-supervised analytical projects and crossfunctioinal scientific projects by using your good time management and organizational skills.
- You are ready to present results to coll eagues and managers.
- You are experienced in preparation of standard operation procedures (SOPs) and ISO 90xx and/or GMP workflows and also with implementation of ISO9001 QM.
- You are hands-on, flexible, self-starter but also a teamplayer, open minded and creative.
- You are driven by knowledge and results and through your passion and enthusiasm for instrumental analytics!
- You have excellent verbal and written skills in English, other languages (German, Dutch, French) would be a plus
Starting with a 1 year contract with Yacht. We will offer a competitive benefits package in line with the seniority of the position. You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Science industry. You will be challenged by your peers and will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy and keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date: boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.
Our Client is a multinational food company dedicated to bringing health through food to as many people as possible. This mission guides our 2.250 employees in the Netherlands and more than 100.000 worldwide on an everyday basis. The Research Department is at the heart of the company's innovation process and its foundation for newest developments in nutrition and health. They collaborate with partners, for example in academia, suppliers and healthcare, we aim to identify new nutritional intervention solutions and develop innovative product forms. Their largest innovation centre is located in Utrecht, the Netherlands. It is a state-of-the-art centre for the development of new nutrition product concepts for global markets.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Thomas Rijpma via telefoonnummer 06-82503655
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.