Few ideas work on the first try. Iteration is key to innovation
Over de functie
Are you an experienced Digital Electronics Design Engineer with relevant experience in the medical devices or medical equipment industry looking for the next challenge? If the answer is “yes”, Philips IGT-D might have the opportunity you are looking for!
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
- Get to know that the average heart beats about 100.000 times daily.
- And that more than 7 million people each year die from coronary heart disease – so, innovation, prevention, diagnosis and treatment is essential to reduce this number and improve the life of the patient.
Philips IGT-D is looking for an experienced Digital Electronics Design Engineer to contribute to the development of our intravascular imaging and functional measurement consoles. The console team is responsible for all enabling hardware in between the disposable catheter/wire on one hand and the output on the screen on the other hand. The development team's main goal is to de-risk technical designs in an early stage and demonstrate this with early prototypes prior to product development (PDLM) and develop the final products including managing its lifecycle.
Your activities include the setting up of the design concept and requirements. You demonstrate the feasibility of your designs by prototyping and simulation. You verify that your design and implementation complies with the requirements and long-term architecture and that technical risks are mitigated.
Digital Electrical Design:
• Develop functional prototypes (including design, documentation, testing, and rapid prototyping) and final medical devices.
• Design, develop, modify and evaluate HW systems and components per safety and regulatory requirements (IEC60601, IEC60950).
• Write technical design support documentation, test protocols and reports for the verification and certification.
• Identify, initiate and drive improvements within the electrical domain such as product, technical and process improvements.
You will be part of
Philips IGT-D, a Philips business, is a global leader in physiology and intravascular imaging for coronary and peripheral applications. The business also offers a suite of peripheral therapeutic devices. This is part of Philip’s industry leading solutions to help clinicians to decide, guide, treat and confirm the right therapy for each patient in real-time during image-guided therapies (IGT).
You will be part of an international team that's located in Best, The Netherlands, but in alignment with the R&D consoles department in Rancho Cordova, California and other partners, like Philips Research. As Digital Electronics Design Engineer IGT-D, you will report into the Consoles & Systems / Advanced Development Group Leader.
are an experienced Digital Electronics Design engineer who is able to deliver high quality designs within project timelines and considers the medical device compliance. Working with a diverse team of highly capable engineers (software and hardware), you must be able to create the digital and mixed signal design in easy to maintain and extendible parts (components and parts), including FPGA-based design, microcontroller-based design and other processing elements. Given the close interaction with the analog and mixed signal front end, knowledge of these domains is important to create an optimal solution. Experience with various memory technologies (NOR, NAND, SDRAM and DDR) and communication interfaces (USB, Ethernet and wireless) are a must. High speed/high fidelity are also important in our medical domain.
To succeed in this role, you it is important to the following skills and experience:
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Electronics/Electrical/Embedded electronics.
• Experience in the design and implementation of systems and experience in electrical subjects such as embedded electronics, EMC/EMI, reliability, FMEA of at least 5 years.
• Circuit design with mainly digital components.
• Design and implementation of FPGA or Microcontroller based HW design.
• Proven experience with various memory technologies (NOR, NAND, SDRAM and DDR) and communication interfaces (USB, Ethernet and wireless).
Additional skills include:
• Thermal management experience;
• Experience using circuit simulation software, schematic capture software, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, emulators and other lab equipment.
Please contact me at +31 6 5199 2618 or via email@example.com, if you are interested in joining Philips after a period as a contractor with Yacht.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly trained professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Rob Braun via telefoonnummer 06-51992618
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.