Be the change you want to see in the world - M.K. Gandhi
Over de functie
The energy sector and the (chemical) industry are in a transition towards: the use of new feedstock, the use of renewable energy, process and energy efficiency, introduction of circularity and carbon capture and re-use. The group Sustainable Process & Energy Systems works on these transitional topics.
Our core technical expertise is Gas Treatment and Conversion, Separation technology, Bio-based Building Block synthesis and Energy Conversion & Storage. Now we expand the separation technology expertise to chemical recycling of plastics. We work for- and with (renewable) energy as well as chemical, plastic additives producing and recycling companies and in a network of international knowledge partners.
Some typical projects/programs we are working on:
• Circular plastics:
https://www.tno.nl/en/about-tno/news/2019/2/plastic-pact-leads-to-more-circular-plastics/ and https://www.tno.nl/en/tno-insights/articles/chemical-recycling-the-answer-to-plastic-waste/
• Carbon capture and carbon (re)use technology development and piloting: www.alignccus.eu
• Biomass valorization: biogas as a fuel and feedstock, biomass conversion to aromatics: www.biorizon.eu
Within our group we are looking for a research assistant (B.Sc.) who wants to work on the topic of Circularity by recycling plastic in the laboratory.
he position is best suited to an enthusiastic person with the following characteristics:
• You have a hands-on mentality, and are very comfortable with working in a lab.
• You can work independently in lab environment
• You are able to set up experimental plans in cooperation with the scientist
• You are able to performing, analyzing and reporting the experiments
• You are comfortable in using, including making small adjustments and repairs yourself to laboratory set-ups intended to be used for solvent based plastic recycling
• You are safety conscious and accurate
• A drive to develop innovative solutions to technically challenging problems by combining the right mix of intellectual curiosity and a pragmatic approach
• Good interpersonal skills and proactive communicationResearch assistant (B.Sc)
The ideal applicant would have the following background:
• You have an B.Sc. in e.g. organic chemistry (in Dutch: HLO Chemie), or applied science.
• You have at least 3 years of working experience in a process laboratory environment or similar
• You understand the challenges of developing technology that needs to be scaled up
• You have a good mastery of the English and Dutch language, both verbal and written
• Having affinity with separation technology, experience with Labview and pressurized and vacuum systems is a plus.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies.
This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry.
You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
TNO is an independent research organization. TNO believes in the joint creation of economic and social value.
The organization focus on transitions or changes in different social themes. One of the theme is Energy "Faster
towards a sustainable energy supply". TNO connects people and knowledge to create innovations that boost the
competitive strength of industry and the well-being of society in a sustainable way.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Peter Groeneveld via telefoonnummer 06-53815170
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.