The hard work pays off
Over de functie
For the Horizon Project, we are looking for a Senior Architect.
Context of the project:
Liberty Global is developing the new video ecosystem (over the top app, settop-box and Backoffice), including many applications supporting advanced video delivery services across multiple countries. The development is based on continuous integration and Agile methodology, leveraging cloud and SDN technologies in our private cloud. The technology entertainment team is responsible for architecture, development, Integration, Testing and delivering the service to our country operations.
Preferred education/ qualifications:
- Bachelor or MSc degree level in a relevant area, like: computer engineering, software design/development, telecommunications, etc.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 4+ years of experience in the design/architecture of complex client-server systems.
- Knowledge of service-oriented architectures (SOA), microservices, and design patterns and technologies used to fulfil these architectures.
- Knowledge and experience with cloud technologies like IaaS, PaaS, and related emerging trends.
- Good understanding of the DevOps practices, including continuous integration, continuous delivery, and its relation to agile methodologies and incremental development.
- Knowledge of XML and XML-related technologies, JSON, and modern Web standards (e.g. REST, HTML5).
- Experience in writing technical documentation for systems design/architecture specifications, including the use of UML, block diagrams, sequence diagrams, etc.
- Knowledge of Digital TV technologies, STB Middleware platforms and Video Delivery technologies is appreciated, but not required, including: video encoding/transcoding, CAS, DRM, video back-ends, workflows, CMS, security services, search, recommendations, CDN, ad insertion, broadband data, home networking, TV, VoD, and PVR.
- An understanding of technology related costs and economics, and able to support unit economic analysis.
- Advanced Excel to create capacity models for components and end-to-end systems.
- Ability to perform complex data analysis with a proven track record in problem solving.
- Knowledge/familiarity with related IT systems (OSS & BSS).
- Exposure to and understanding of Internet, TCP/IP Systems and Protocols, and Unix based systems.
Assignment description & Goals:
- Owns E2E product/solution design defines the end-to-end architecture/service design across Technology, IT, Supply Chain, Core & Access domains (leveraging relevant departments within Liberty Global).
- Technical design authority architecture changes throughout the product delivery lifecycle.
- Lead E2E design and integration activities with E2E Integration (SI) team.
- Production of end-to-end HLA (High Level Architecture).
- Gathering & analysis of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Contributes to vendor selection activities where end-to-end design identifies requirements for new capability.
- Contributes to end-to-end Entertainment Technology roadmap, supported by domain experts.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong English written, verbal and presentation & communication skills.
- Creative thinking (out of the box), and comfortable modelling complex systems, with high availability and performance requirements in mind.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, to maintain and develop effective working relationships with other peers.
- Must be proactive, with a desire to continuously improve system solutions, documentation and process & procedures.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and attention for detail.
- Takes responsibility, is a self-motivator & feels accountable for own actions, but also a team player.
- An analytical, mathematical/numerate mind able to present business cases with clarity and understanding the consumer demand.
- Commercially aware with financial management experience in budgeting, Capex and Opex.
- At ease and effective in operating in an international working environment.
- Ability to describe and explain complex models, concepts & themes to stakeholders in a simple and accessible manner.
Contract through Yacht.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Patrick James via telefoonnummer
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.