Gene therapy is going viral
Over de functie
Yacht Life Sciences is looking for a Junior Scientist Therapeutic Development.
Our partner translates biomedical research into ground-breaking new forms of therapies. Gene-therapy, in which a patient's own DNA is altered to relieve the cause of genetic diseases, is being developed in the Netherlands and produced in the U.S. In doing so each function in the company is directly or indirectly responsible for the lives of patients. This responsibility should be part of our day-to-day working lives by (i) living up to high quality standards and (ii) by recognizing the sense of urgency in areas of high medical need.
The New Therapeutics Target Discovery Group has two functions and responsibilities (a) exploring and establishing novel gene therapy technologies (b) development of therapeutics based on the RNAi machinery. Those activities include appropriate proof-of-concept studies as well as the identification of therapeutic target leads.
The group is a major contributor to the quality monitoring of the AAV-based products as well as value generator by delivering new technologies and therapeutic targets. Those activities are supporting the whole scope of AAV product development and have to be recognized as the explorative start of a project.
As a Junior Scientist you are involved in practical lab work, data analysis and reporting and support of other lab members. You work according to the specific needs of the Research department and Project Groups.
Key result areas (major duties, accountabilities and responsibilities):
- Supports the senior scientist with proof of concept studies and is involved in concept design, planning and execution, and interpretation of the studies.
- The Junior Scientist is involved in practical lab work, planning, data analyses, report and article writing
- Explores new technologies that can be applied
- Recognizes day-to-day problems and proposes solutions based on standard and novel procedures
- Partly supervises and plans the work of a technician to guarantee the execution and progress of research projects
- The Junior Scientist manages established contacts with scientific collaborators and initiate contacts with service providers and or technical providers specific for his/her field.
- Communicates the work and results obtained to the Senior Scientist and Director of the R&D Department and in meetings to a broader audience
Qualifications & Skills:
- MSc in Life Sciences, Molecular and/or Cell Biology, Virology or related topic
- Work experience in molecular, cellular and biochemical analyses, e.g. cloning, transfection, cell culture, DNA and RNA isolation, PCR, Q-PCR, RT-QPCR, ELISA and western blotting
- Work experience in a fast changing and demanding environment, willing and able to demonstrate a hands-on attitude
- Hands-on attitude
- Enthusiastic, able to support other departments with information and practical work
- Animal experience (art. 13 or 9 Dutch law on animal experimentation) is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (verbal, written and scientific)
- Pro-active attitude, flexible, professional
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- Excellent and neat lab working skills
- Detail oriented / eye for detail
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-organized and able to work in a team
- Adapts new information and ideas and applies this effectively to his/her own work
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under performance and time-related stress required
- Ability to train and support other team members
Full time, 1 year contract. Longer time anticipated. Market-conform salary and additional benefits. You will become part of the Yacht Life Sciences network.
Our client is an innovative multinational gene-therapy company with headquarters based in Amsterdam. They have modern facilities and an international, enthusiastic team.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Edwin Parlevliet via telefoonnummer +31(6)12387998
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.