Gene therapy is going viral
Over de functie
Yacht Life Sciences is looking for a Process Development Technician. Our partner translates biomedical research into ground-breaking new forms of therapies. Gene-therapy, in which a patient's own DNA is altered to relieve the cause of genetic diseases, is being developed in the Netherlands and produced in the U.S.
The Process Development (PD) department is responsible for process development towards Phase I/II clinical testing. In addition, the department supports the U.S. PD in process development for Phase Ill and MAA, with scaling-up, process characterization and process validation as main deliverables. The both PD departments support the various stages of process development from research to GMP manufacturing.
The PD team in Amsterdam consists of scientists and technicians lead by a principle scientist. The technician PD will join this team to support the various stages of process development from research to GMP manufacturing.
- Performs small to large scale USP and DSP of recombinant Adeno Associated Virus (AAV).
- Accurately collects, manages, analyzes and documents experimental data.
- Communicates the work and results to the direct supervisor and in group meetings
- Plans and executes own experimental work in connection with time-lines.
- Strengthen the team in daily operations and troubleshooting.
- BSc or MSc in Life sciences or equivalent
- Work experience in a comparable position
- Good understanding of (biosafety level ML-2) cell culture and USP, preferably experience in working with bioreactors and/or good understanding of protein or virus purification (DSP): e.g. filtration techniques, chromatography (FPLC, preferably experience with GE Äkta platform)
- Experience in planning and organization of own work
- Basic understanding of molecular biology and virology
- Appropriate level of ownership, energy, hands-on mentality and personal drive
- Analytical thinking
- Flexibility, to act in a fast changing and demanding environment
- Able to perform (moderate) physical work
- Affinity with GLP/ GMP
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
Full time, 1 year contract. Longer time anticipated.
Our client is an innovative multinational gene-therapy company with headquarters based in Amsterdam. They have modern facilities and an international, enthusiastic team.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Edwin Parlevliet via telefoonnummer +31(6)12387998
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.