Philips - Innovation and You!
Over de functie
Senior Software Engineer needed for a full time, job position in Drachten, DA - Floorcare team.
As an embedded software sngineer your challenge is to design, develop and test embedded software for domestic appliances, reporting to Project Team leaders, and to the Electronic & Software group leader in a matrix organization.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Contribute to the estimation of the required development effort and run-time resources.
• Define, or help to define, the software architecture of platforms, or products
• Write proper design documentation for the developed embedded software products.
• Write the source code in the “C” programming language, according to the applicable coding standards, and internal rules
• Participate in reviews and walkthroughs as appropriate and write and execute unit /component test cases.
• Contribute to improvements of processes needed for developing products. Coach junior SW engineers
• Lead small SW development teams (SPL - Software Project Leader) within the boundaries of larger project team.
• You have a Bachelor degree or Master degree in software engineering.
• Thorough understanding of modern software engineering tools, methods, processes
• Previous experience in developing software for ARM-Cortex microcontrollers.
• You are able to understand simple electronic circuits
• You are able to use standard measurement equipment like multimeters, logic analyzers and oscilloscopes.
• You like working in multidisciplinary teams and you are able to communicate very well with different (international) people;
• You have no objections to travel and occasionally work some days abroad
• You have a pro-active attitude and high quality mindset towards your assignment.
• Good communications skills, also in English
• Knowledge of C++ or Phyton
• Knowledge of SVN, Trac, Doxygen, GNU tools
• Previous experience with static analysis tools and coding standards (PC-Lint, Misra)
• Previous experience of software integration in multyphysics modelling and simulation tools (MatLab/Simulink) is a plus
• Knowledge of IoT products and technologies, both product (embedded) and infrastructure (web) sides is a plus
• 10 years working experience in developing embedded software for consumer or automotive products
Yacht will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Royal Philips of the Netherlands is a diversified technology company focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving and grooming and oral healthcare.
Within Philips Consumer Lifestyle in Drachten you’ll find two of the largest innovation sites of Philips globally. With over 2.000 colleagues from over 35 different nationalities, it’s an inspiring environment to work in.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Sylvia Vrieling via telefoonnummer 06-23101614
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.