Uitdagende baan voor een Electrical!
Over de functie
As EMEA Power Systems Expert, you will be part of a virtual team of subject matter experts within the Electrical Services organization across EMEA that provides consulting electrical engineering services to a broad range of industries, institutes and utilities within the region and reports to the Manager Power Systems Engineering. The Electrical Services team offers a comprehensive portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a power system’s life cycle—whether it’s design, build, or support. Our services integrate and optimize the elements of a power system to make sure it’s aligned with business goals.
Your main duties :
- Identifies, develops, and commercializes significant growth opportunities through providing technical consultation, engineering advice and studies in the field of electrical network studies, arc flash hazard analyses, power quality audits, substation designs and on-site investigations/failure analyzes.
- Is responsible for meeting the schedule, scope, cost and technical targets for all engineering efforts under his/her control, such as a variety of short circuit, protection coordination, arc flash hazard analyses as well as other more complex analysis such as ground grid evaluation, harmonic analysis and load flow studies.
- Occasionally, includes conducting on site investigations, failure analyses, power reliability audits, power quality and energy monitoring.
- Serves as a subject matter expert within the area of Power Distribution Systems architecture for Eaton. This includes the development of standardized processes, expand PSE offerings, developing and maintaining relationships with the external technical community and academia, active participation in industry or technical groups and events and publishing papers.
- Finally as a subject matter expert internally the PSE Specialist will be expected mentoring junior staff and consulting with internal business & engineering customers.
- Performs electrical power distribution system design studies and protection analysis utilizing computational modeling platforms.
- Provides engineering and technical consultation for customers in the areas of power systems design, arc flash safety, startup, maintenance, repair and training. This includes power system design for large power distribution projects.
- Initiates and develops solid relationships with both engineering and business leaders within Eaton to drive strong business cases for new commercial applications and acquires needed resources and funding.
- Strategically identifies leading external partnerships, outside technologies and best practices to bring to Eaton.
- Self-management of assigned projects and job cost accountability to perform work within budgeted cost estimates.
- Interprets specs and customer inquiries and designs technical proposals for customers.
- Provides technical solutions to customers that may involve equipment design or upgrades, testing of equipment.
- Identifies, develops and drives sales opportunities including pull through.
- Has the ability to run major studies and projects independently.
- Mentors or leads other engineers on major projects within specialty
- Is able to be a specialist in one or more technical competencies, and should be recognized externally as a subject matter expert.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required. Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Min. 3 years of experience in power engineering (distribution, transmission, and substations)
- Min. 1 year of experience in the use of SKM Power Tools, ETAP, CYME, or similar software.
- Min. 1 year experience in troubleshooting and programming microcontrollers/software; using common tools and methods to analyze power quality: oscilloscope, power analyzers and meters.
- Experience in Field Service activities.
- Strong power system engineering skills and broad power distribution grid system domain knowledge including protection, substation automation and power conversion applications.
- Expert in Power system design and analysis such as: Short-Circuit, LV/MV Coordination, Arc Flash, Power Quality Measurements, Harmonic Analysis, Advanced Skills such as: Reliability Analysis, Transient Stability, Distribution System Design, Substation Design, Grid Automation, Alternate Energy, Project Management.
- Knowledge of IEEE/IEC Standards for various power system components and applications and ISO, safety regulations and principles.
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus.
- Fluent in English language and basic proficiency in Dutch language.
- Self-starter, drives improvement and a quick Learner, able to adopt new systems and tools quickly.
- Leadership model competencies focused on accountability, passionate, efficient, transparent, ethical and willing to learn.
Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us
and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Permanent contract in fast growing global company
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made through the company.
Eaton is a power management company with a turnover of $ 21.6 billion in 2018. We offer energy efficient solutions that help our customers to manage their electrical, hydraulic and mechanical energy more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is committed to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has around 99,000 employees and supplies products in more than 175 countries.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Natascha Huurman via telefoonnummer 06-23609820
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.