To improve the lives of patients by creating and developing innovative antibody products
Over de functie
Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a Senior Research Associate Biochemical Analysis.
Your team is responsible for biochemical characterization of therapeutic antibodies to support the development of Antibody products. They constantly seek to improve existing techniques and to introduce new analytical techniques.
Your new position as a Senior Research Associate Biochemical Analysis:
- You perform experiments using a wide range of modern biochemical techniques in a number of simultaneous projects
- You work closely with scientists and other research associates in multiple project teams
- You document and report the results
- Most of the work is performed according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and therefore require a high degree of accuracy
- You contribute to the optimization and innovation of our team
- To contribute to research and analytical questions which arise from different projects
As a Senior Research Associate Biochemical Analysis, you are keen and motivated to use your up-to-date knowledge of-, and experience with biochemical techniques to strengthen the team. You are precise and accurate in the execution of experiments and in the documentation of the results. You have good communication skills, a service-oriented attitude and are able to deal with changing priorities and unexpected workload. You like to work in a team but you are also capable of working independently.
In addition, as a Senior Research Associate Biochemical Analysis you meet the following professional requirements:
- You have a completed BSc or MSc education or equivalent (a PhD degree is considered as overqualified for this role).
- You have at least 4 years of relevant work experience in the field of protein analysis and preferably with antibodies in particular
- You have knowledge of, and experience with, the most commonly used biochemical analysis techniques. You routinely use Absorbance Spectroscopy, Capillary Electrophoresis (CE-SDS and cIEF), Analytical Chromatography (HPLC) and Bio-Layer Interferometry. We also perform Light Scattering (MALS and DLS), Differential Scanning Fluorimetry (DSF) and conjugation of proteins with (fluorescent) labels. Experience in these techniques is an advantage.
- An interest in software, automation and data handling is an advantage.
- You are able to work with tight deadlines and are capable of running several projects in parallel and adjust priorities appropriately
- You are motivated by delivering high quality output and are used to working according to a quality system
- You have good relational and communication skills in English (Dutch is an advantage, but not required)
Direct contract at our client, full-time. This position starts with a 1 year contract.
Dynamic and innovative environment. Every employee is strongly motivated to participate in the development of new medicines which improve patients' lives. The company culture is aimed at innovation and excellence. Employees are passionate and work with determination and respect for each other to achieve our common goals. They work in multi-functional and international teams, in which each employee is stimulated to use his/her talent to contribute to innovation and results.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Thomas Rijpma via telefoonnummer 06-82503655
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.