Gene therapy is going viral
Over de functie
Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a Technician Immunology. Our client translates biomedical research into ground-breaking new forms of therapies. Gene-therapy, in which a patient's own DNA is altered to relieve the cause of genetic diseases, is being developed by our client in Amsterdam and produced in the U.S.
The Immunology group is a major contributor to the monitoring and understanding of AAV-based therapies as well as value generator by delivering new technologies. Those activities are supporting the whole scope of AAV product development.
One of the obstacles in treatments that rely on systemic and local delivery of AAV based gene therapy is the induction of humoral and cellular immune responses against the AAV capsid and/or the transgene. The Technician position is related to the projects addressing AAV immunogenicity. As a Technician in the Immunology group you are involved in practical lab work and data analysis. You support the other lab members and you work according to the specific needs of the Research Department and Project Groups.
Main purpose of your job:
- Executes the experimental work as planned by the Principal Scientist
- Is mainly involved in practical lab work, data collection and analysis
- Supports other group members and participates in general lab tasks and activities
- Communicates the daily work and results obtained to the Principal Scientist and Director of the R&D Department
- Bachelor degree in biological sciences is required
- Requires relevant work experience with immunological assay, molecular biology techniques and cell culturing
- Experience with flow cytometry (FACS) is a plus
- Hands-on attitude
- Enthusiastic, able to support other lab members with information and practical work
- Good lab working skills (neat)
- Detail oriented / eye for detail
- Good verbal communication skills (Dutch and English)
- Self-organized and able to work in a team
- Ability to concentrate on the required tasks under performance and time-related stress required
Full time, 1 year contract. Longer time anticipated. Market-conform salary and additional benefits.
Our client is an innovative multinational gene-therapy company. They have modern facilities and an international, enthusiastic team.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Edwin Parlevliet via telefoonnummer 06-12387998
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.