Together working on building your career
Over de functie
Are you a Mechanical Engineer with a bachelor degree? Do you want to model and develop the necessary foundations for the components of the ships? Then apply for the job of Mechanical Layout Engineer today!
As Mechanical Layout Engineer, you will work as part of a team to design the technical areas on board vessels, making preliminary layouts to areas such as the engine compartment and pump room. We are searching for innovative people with eagerness who want to do more than just building a ship. As Mechanical Layout Engineer your responsibilities will include the following:
- developing and completing formats in a 3D application (Cadmatic), while taking into account regulations, service spaces, maintenance and various components
- 3D routing of all piping systems, cableways and ventilation ducts
- modelling and developing the necessary foundations for the components
- all other common activities, such as flex suspension exhaust pipes.
To be eligible for the position of Mechanical Layout Engineer, you must have the following:
- a bachelor level of education (HBO) in mechanical engineering (WTB)
- at least three years of practical experience in 3D routing and ship installations
- ability to work in a team and develop your own initiatives
- experience with 3D CAD systems is a plus (NUPAS/Cadmatic)
- excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written
- good communication skills in Dutch, or at least willing to learn
- only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Working for Yacht
Yacht is the organisation of and for professionals. We connect professionals and organisations that make the difference. Our goal is the optimal result: to offer you, as a professional, challenging work in which you can permanently improve our clients’ organisations. Are you one of the best professionals in your field? Do you want to work with colleagues to make the difference in leading (international) organisations? If so, we’d like to get to know you better.
As a Mechanical Engineer at Yacht, you’ll work on innovative technical projects for top organisations. And you’ll work in an international environment with colleagues who are just as decisive and ambitious as you. What you’ll do here is work that really matters. You and your colleagues are the driving force behind progress.
We obviously don’t need to explain Newton’s third law to you; so, get into action and apply for the position of Mechanical Engineer right now. We’ll get back to you without delay. (Please use the "Solliciteer" button to submit your application)
If we see a match based on your application:
1. we will contact you as soon as possible;
2. we will invite you to an interview at the Yacht office or, in the case of international candidates, via Skype;
3. we’ll introduce you to the client if we have a click. After that, you’ll do one or two interviews.
4. If you and the client are a good match, you’ll be able to start as a Mechanical Engineer right away!
If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us on +31 6 827 246 09 or e-mail Robert.Dolmans@yacht.nl.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Robert Dolmans via telefoonnummer 06-82724609
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.