There's nothing I believe in more than getting and keeping people interested in engineering - Bill Nye
Over de functie
Within this position you work as a chemical engineer to bridge the 'gap' between R&D and production/operations. Currently there is a 'triangle' between a R&D recipe specialist and a process engineer and an improve engineer on operations side. You will be turning this triangle into a square by bridging R&D and operations.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- investigate the influence of raw changes, impurities etc. on processing and end product qualifications;
- investigate shelf-life properties and discuss parameters with customers and/or application specialists;
- e.g. investigate the influence of changes (e.g. in temperature) on end product qualifications;
- use QC- and production data to improve/change (formulation) processes and assure proper product quality;
- discuss both in- and externally about the contents of the 'technical information sheet'. If not all relevant parameters are listed, you are encouraged to introduce new parameters and (if necessary) develop relevant measurement methods.
- set-up and execute test trials together with production to verify hypotheses and/or to generate additional data.
BSc./MSc. in chemical engineering, chemistry or applied sciences;
Experience with formulation of coatings, sealants, adhesives, glues is preferred;
Willingness to study the principles of lean six sigma;
Statistical knowledge and use of tools (e.g. Minitab) is an advantage;
Good communication skills, being able to challenge other colleagues in a constructive manner;
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Our customer is a developer and producer of coatings, sealants, glues, etc. to be used within the automotive aftermarket. This is done by either development of private labels or toll-manufacturing.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Peter Groeneveld via telefoonnummer 06-53815170
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.