Be the change you want to see in the world
Over de functie
Lightyear has developed Lightyear One - a car which charges using solar power, regular household plugs and existing heavy charging infrastructue, making electric driving possible for everyone. Lightyear One is the next step in driving: The electric car that can charge anywhere.
We are looking for for electro-mechanical engineers to join innovative, young and dynamic team of Lightyear. Being part of a multidisciplinary engineering team you will focus on packaging of electrical parts to (re)locate for example electrical/ software modules. Being part of a multidisciplinary engineering team you will design smart packaging solutions within the total vehicle. It is your job to develop parts that comply with the requirements.
Within the role of Electrical Packaging Engineer your solutions will focus mainly on creating optimized packaging solutions for the systems; Charging & Powertrain and Information & Control. You will perform packaging integrations such as general arrangement, dimensional optimizations of subsystems and engineering sections to ensure integration of the modules. You tasks consist of but are not limited to:
- finding the best routing for cables and wires
- figure out how the different parts within these systems will fit in the car in the most efficient manner, for example ECU placement with respect to the controlled elements
- design of the physical layer of communications networks
- some mechanical aspects will also be part of the job, for example mounting fixture design
- working according to timelines agreed upon with the team leader
- coordinating with other disciplines
- consideration of various design parameters for example, safety, available space, heat transfer, NVH, EMC etc
- making and defending design choices
- organizing well structured documentation of your work
- A Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Automotive or related fields
- You have at least 2 years and maximum of 4 years of experience in CAD Engineering
- Experience with CATIA V5 is a major plus, or any other high end CAD software (NX, Pro Engineer)
- You have some experience in automotive or related fields (aerospace, aviation, marine)
- Experience in engineering mounting systems and or brackets is preferred
- Basic experience with EMC is highly preferred
- Ability to think and work independently
- Availability for 40 hours a week
- Fluent in English, Dutch proficiency is a plus
- High level of autonomy
- A multidisciplinary team of highly motivated and talented people
- A fast growing organization with lots of opportunities
- 40 vacation days per year (fulltime basis)
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent travel expenses
- An interesting and well balanced pension plan that fits Lightyear and our mission
- Interesting share plan to really become part of Lightyear
- Time for informal get-togethers on Monday morning and Friday afternoon
- Attention for a good work & life balance
This is a direct vacancy at Lightyear.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Anastasia Sazonova via telefoonnummer 06-13171532
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.