Philips - Innovation and You!
Over de functie
Senior Hardware Engineer needed for a full time, job position in Drachten, DA - Homecare. Looking for an experienced engineer capable of autonomously design electronic circuits (hardware), and of supporting project teams in system architecture analysis, control strategies definition and key components selection.
As a senior hardware engineer your challenge is to define system and hardware requisites, model and simulate complete electromechanical/multiphysics systems, and design and validate PCBA prototypes. You must also analyze mass produced domestic appliances, and all system components and modules, for failure analysis and quality improvement. You might also be requested of coordinating electronic testing activities, and small electronic project teams. Support product development and autonomously design sub-modules and hardware functions under the supervision of project leaders in a matrix organization.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Responsible for designing domestic appliances electronic controls systems.
• Electronic-Hardware design as a team member, or with EPL (Electronic Project Leader) role.
• Support system architects in defining requisites, and simulating, system modules and components: Motors, valves, actuators, control strategies, PCBAs.
• Ability to read, understand, and implement a design from customer/marketing specification. Derive system and hardware requirements.
• Basic understanding of EN-standards and IEC/UL normatives for domestic appliances.
• Ability of producing standard electronic design documentation: Schematics, BOM, PCB layout/Gerbers, requirements, test plans/reports. Executing design analysis: FMEA, quality, safety, cost.
• Previous mechatronic experience and multiphysics systems modeling (Simulink), in collaboration with other disciplines experts: Mechanics, fluid-dynamic, chemistry/batteries, software controls.
• Ability to follow department standards, and procedures.
• Develop designs with minimal supervision for PCBAs controlling floorcare products. Confident with DFM-DFT-DFC practices.
• Provide professional communications skills with team members, and stakeholders.
• Provide proficient knowledge and interface to outside ODM/OEM suppliers.
• Support Supply Chain and Life Cycle Management. Provide technical assistance and guidance to other Engineering disciplines and to PRC, Marketing, Procurement.
• Provide leadership and education to other team members, especially when acting as Electronic Project Leader.
• Provide electronic interface to project teams via conference calls, design reviews, site survey’s and procurement calls.
• Provide quality workmanship in research and developing innovation.
• Bachelor Engineering or master in Electronics with 10 years experience in consumer or automotive industry
• Proficient with Altium CAD, LTSpice, Hardware simulators. Experice in hardware and system modeling
• Proven mechatronics systems experience: Multiphysics control systems modelling (Simulink), and simulation.
• Algorithms definition and systems control software simulation (Simulink). High level understanding of Electrical Control systems.
• Deep knowledge of standard electronic laboratories tools and common instruments.
• Basic knowledge of embedded programming (C language) is highly appreciated.
• Previous motor controls experiences: DC brushed, BLDCs.
• Previous Li-Ion battery pack and BMS systems design.
Yacht will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Royal Philips of the Netherlands is a diversified technology company focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving and grooming and oral healthcare.
Within Philips Consumer Lifestyle in Drachten you’ll find two of the largest innovation sites of Philips globally. With over 2.000 colleagues from over 35 different nationalities, it’s an inspiring environment to work in.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Sylvia Vrieling via telefoonnummer 06-23101614
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.