Together working on building your career
Over de functie
On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) is a precision-based technology embedded into PACCAR’s world-class diesel engines. It’s a digital communication system that provides a real-time snapshot of Engine and Aftertreatment performance to aid service technicians during repair. On-Board Diagnostics is about making a global impact while examining the tradeoffs between certification and robustness.
• ‘All I want from tomorrow is to get it better than today’
o Always looking for Continuous Improvement to give the best product for our customers
• Calibration of OBD functions related to component diagnostics like sensors and actuators on our engine and aftertreatment system.
Monitor interaction between different calibration and design teams for involved components.
• Provide input to and support design, verification and validation process on engine and vehicle level;
• Support field data analysis for statistical analysis of OBD calibrations;
• Development of tools to control, maintain and optimize calibration processes (Simulations / HIL) and documentation.
As OBD Calibration Engineer you will report to the Engineering Supervisor OBD & Legislation.
• Bachelor or Master degree on mechanical engineering with specialization on internal combustion engines;
• Knowledge or interest in OBD regulation and OBD systems;
• Good Matlab/Simulink & MS-Office skills are mandatory;
• Good English skills are mandatory combined with willingness to learn Dutch;
• Ability to become quickly acquainted to complex and abstract issues;
• Structured working approach combined with pleasure to work in teams;
• Enthusiasm to deal with complex systems and to take much pleasure in development of solutions for complex technical problems;
• Be willing to support vehicle test trials in dedicated conditions.
Yacht not only makes your step into the Dutch automotive industry more than worth it, we also make it really easy. The employment conditions are excellent and Yacht will take care of every last detail of your relocation.
• A unique challenge and a matching salary.
• Job security: you will immediately receive an employment contract for a year and the guarantee that we always have challenging assignments for you with interesting start-ups, suppliers and OEMs in the Netherlands.
• Plenty of opportunity to develop yourself as an OBD Calibration Engineer. Yacht will support you with a personal development plan and a wide range of study opportunities.
• Yacht will also take charge of all the arrangements concerning your application and relocation. We have a department that specialises in this and they know exactly what needs to be done. We also arrange and pay for your flight for the job interview. If it all works out, we’ll apply for your visa and help you find accommodation and, for example, open your bank account in the Netherlands. And we’ll obviously include your partner and children in the whole process. For a few more important basics, please also take a look at: https://www.yacht.nl/professionals/living-and-working-in-the-netherlands).
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF engine development is the center of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine families for the future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best of class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers. As a globally working company we do offer optimal opportunities to contribute to our success in a multicultural team.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Rick Goyen via telefoonnummer 06-10343129
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.