Design is intelligence made visible.
Over de functie
NPI Technology Specialist (2X)
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a strong industrial technology and process background to join the global Mother and Child care group in Philips. The successful candidate will be an established industrial technology professional with a background in the FMCG, White Goods, Automotive or Medical Device manufacturing area and clear record on leading industrialization introduction tooling and process development in manufacturing areas for Medical and non Medical products.
Clear process and tooling knowledge in:
• Plastic injection molding
• Injection stretch blow molding
• Liquid Silicon Injection molding
• 2k molding
• Manual and automatic assembly
• Decoration technology
• Overall responsibility for leading and co-develop with NPI Engineering content for
M&CC projects, acting as cross projects industrial technology expert and point of
contact for all relevant tooling and process technology content including advanced
development and part of industrial technology strategy.
• Overall responsibility for leading content for large continues improvement Projects,
supporting the industrialization plan for the NPI group.
• Responsible for Manufacturing technology with proved experiences in industrial
introduction in automations, tooling [Injection (Blow) Moulding; extrusion (Blow)
Moulding, Compression Moulding and printing techniques] development. With a
focus on new Plastic moulding techniques (2K; 3K and multilayer) and new
• Responsible to define and maintain: “tool-release” and “tool-lifetime” procedure
• Acting as the Process and Tooling Engineering interface to Innovation Design
teams, conducting thorough DFA/DFM studies, assisting with development team
design reviews to ensure robust designs for manufacturing extending also in
o RFQ assessment
o FAT/SAT consultancy (including risk based assessment)
o tooling concept assessment (including risk based assessment)
o tool lifetime and refurbishment assessment (including risk based assessment)
o Project-book requirements
• Source/specify new equipment (Moulds, ancillaries etc.), conducting with overall
team robust supplier selection for all new Tooling projects yet as gatekeeper for
final tooling technology
• CAPEX development and tracking for responsible Tooling projects.
• Track and report project timing, prepare project summaries and present to
• Provide technical input within PFMEA reviews and linking with clear inputs back to
DFMEA influencing the final product design.
• To conduct Tooling Project verifications and validations on a global supplier base,
overseeing all tool trials to ensure they are conducted in-line with Philips
processes, producing the necessary documentation for review and ultimately
production readiness sign-off.
• Drive Tooling Engineering leadership, discipline, control and communication.
• Drive best awareness/implementation of advances on Technology development in
tooling / Moulding to ensure Functional Excellence is maintained.
The position is part of the Advance Manufacturing in NPI group in the Mother and Child Care category part of Health & Wellness Business group
We are looking for
• Strong Process and Tooling background with clear evidence of experience in liquid
• Strong DFM, Mold flow analysis, CAD skills and capable to dialogue and influence
• Hands-on experience with Injection Mould tool trials, analysis of samples and
capability study analysis.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent report writing.
• High Attention to detail.
• Ability to effectively present and communicate information to management, peers,
suppliers and customers.
• Experience in a dynamic, fast growing environment using pragmatic problem
• Results orientated, self-motivated, drive and initiative and ‘Can do’ attitude.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
The position will be inside the New Project Introduction that is part of Operation group for Mother and Child care business
One single domain project, severe changes. Involving multiple businesses.
Has wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
You will be part of the Innovation Team within Mother & Child Care's Innovation Department. Within the matrix organization you are responsible for manage activities of several NPI teams. The team interacts with Developers, Industrial Designers, Advanced Manufacturing Engineers, Process Engineers, Consumer Marketing and 3rd parties. You will report to the program manager.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Bram Geerets via telefoonnummer 06-13888330
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.