Maak het verschil bij een multinational!
Over de functie
As (Sr.) Technical Superintendent Mechanical your primary responsibility is the maintenance of the mechanical equipment of the vessels. You use your experience with vessel design, modification, repair and maintenance, equipment inspections and equipment certificates to help us achieve safe and efficient operations both on- and offshore. You identify critical maintenance periods and projects that require investment. Furthermore you assist the Equipment Manager in coordinating the planning and you coordinate maintenance and investment projects from onshore.
As a (Sr.) Technical Superintendent Mechanical you are part of the Equipment department, that is led by the General Manager Equipment. You will report directly to the Equipment Manager of the vessel who manage a team of Sr. Technical Superintendents. The department further consists of a Manager Tugs & Barges that manages a team of (sr.) Barge Engineers and an Equipment Manager NFE supported by a Specialist Technical Superintendent.
As (Sr.) Technical Superintendent Mechanical, your daily activities are:
- Providing an on time, safe, reliable, and cost effective technical service for safe operation for the assigned asset;
- Liaising closely with the VMT to ensure the vessels hulls, machinery and equipment are operated efficiently and maintained in good condition;
- Writing scopes of work for maintenance and upgrades;
- Developing repair and maintenance schedules;
- Identifying, managing and monitoring risks and specify upgrade projects according to predefined standards;
- Coordinating and monitoring the validity of certification within the legal requirements;
- Supporting the Equipment Manager in planning coordination for R&M and Equipment Investment programs with Vessel Management Team and Operational manager to limit critical maintenance time;
- Control and execution of approved budgets;
- Participating in design, engineering, commissioning and testing of technical installations and equipment;
- Liaising externally with equipment manufacturers, suppliers and certifying authorities and internally with procurement;
- Manage and visit suppliers and subcontractors;
- Ensuring suitable and qualified personnel and actively promote HSE/ IIF awareness and safeguard compliance with company procedures;
- Ensuring the compliance of the technical equipment to the ISM Code;
- Providing specialist advice and recommendations on all important technical issues to improve and increase the customer service and organizational value;
- Following up on purchase orders of any required service or material;
- Development and maintenance of the technical knowledge know-how and capabilities, to ensure availability of up to date expertise.
This position requires a highly motivated, enthusiastic ‘hands on’, someone that thrives in a dynamic team. A person who can contribute to solutions for our current and future challenges. Furthermore, you have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor Mechanical or Maritime Engineering or equivalent;
- 8 years of experience in the field of Mechanical Engineering;
- Experience with maritime mechanical installations;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken;
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, take ownership and are result oriented;
- The flexibility and willingness to travel to our vessels, yards and suppliers.
A full time job with attractive working conditions
Our client is based in The Netherlands and a world leading marine contractor in the international offshore oil and gas and renewables industry.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Martijn Lemckert via telefoonnummer +31 0683336156
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.