A design isn’t finished until somebody is using it
Over de functie
The Packaging Developer provides design and development support by developing structural packaging for consumer products sold globally. The packaging work concerns mainly consumer packaging and transportation packaging, where the consumer packaging requires alignment with the marketing team, e.g. translating marketing requirements into structural packaging requirements. The transportation packaging needs to be configured to suit the supply chain and factories. The aim is to develop structural designs that are appealing to the consumer and at the same time functionally sound and cost effective. All packaging development activities are executed in close cooperation with the production facilities.
As Packaging Developer, you are responsible for die cut creation in CAD, writing the specification, making prototypes and to organize the packaging release (alignment with the factory and organizing packaging tests locally). The Packaging Developer is responsible for:
- Scheduling the packaging part of a project as part of the project team
- For smaller projects, the packaging developer will be working more independently, but will still align and plan its activities with the packaging lead, project lead, quality, purchasing, factory, etc.
- The packaging developer is involved in artwork development, which is done by an external partner. Understanding of packaging development, printing, manufacturing and assembly process is key.
We are looking for:
- Analytical and geometric problem solving ability is required as part of activities in providing packaging specifications on carton dimensions and weights
- Secure the technical product documentation, in particular the data related to packaging dimensions and logistical data. Tasks would be to upload this data to the PLM system Windchill.
- Knowledge of standard packaging materials like paper/carton, plastics, etc.
- Experience with Artios CAD, Cape palletizing software and Windchill is preferred.
- Because you will work with factories, suppliers and innovation sites across the globe, strong communication skills are required, both written and oral.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Packaging Science or related technical discipline like Industrial Design Engineering.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies.
This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry.
You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions.
Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
The Innovation Site Eindhoven focuses on the development of medically and non-medically endorsed lifestyle products, and is responsible for the development and realization of new product propositions, within Philips HealthTech strategy. They are looking at a very challenging growth task to bring faster and more new ideas to the global market. The M&CC team is committed to supporting parents and their babies, giving them the best start in life to set the stage for healthy futures.
One of the key growth areas at the Innovation Site Eindhoven is the Mother and Child Care category (Philips Avent). You report to Group Lead LCM Mechanical Engineering, Packaging and TPD.
The Mother & Childcare set-up is international, with supply centers and strategic suppliers spread around the world. The primary working location for this position is the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Peter Groeneveld via telefoonnummer 06-53815170
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.