Enriching everyday lives through insightful nutritional solutions
Over de functie
Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a Research & Development – Senior Portfolio Manager.
Are you a person who gets excited by managing a portfolio of innovation projects and collaborating with cross-functional teams? Can you coach your team to success? Are you curious, inquisitive, and a networker? If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
The SRO (Strategy Realization Office) is the newly created Project Management Office for Innovation in the Early Life Nutrition business unit. At the heart of the Innovation management process, its mission is to deliver the right projects on time, on budget and at the right price point.
Within its Portfolio & Governance team, we are looking for a Senior Portfolio Manager for our Innovation in our biggest category (worldwide) and for the region Europe across categories. For about 15% or your time, you will lead a young professional located in Utrecht
In this role, you have the opportunity to combine technical expertise with business acumen. Your career progression can be within SRO (i.e. global project management), but also outside like R&D, Operations or Quality.
Objectives of the role:
- Lead creation and maintenance of Innovation projects and portfolios in the PPM tool;
- Perform and interpret portfolio analyses with the PPM tool (40% of your time);
- Identify possible gaps between strategies / KPI's and project portfolio and recommend actions to be taken to implement priorities and improve delivery of projects;
- Drive implementation of stage gate Innovation process (OPENWAY) worldwide and cross functionally;
- Identify and develop strategies to improve business process which drive significant impact on the innovation portfolio;
- Coaching and leading a young professional in Utrecht
- At least 8 years of experience in portfolio management/ project management) in the food or biotech industry
- Communication - Impact and influence in non-hierarchical, cross functional environment, networker
- Pragmatism and agility
- Proven analytical skills, experience and affinity with business processes
- Computer skills, including experience with electronic project management, resource management and document workflow tools, data cruncher
- Affinity with product and process development, supply point processes, quality management
- Willing & able to travel internationally (10%)
Secondment placement for 1 year with longer-term possibilities.
We will offer a competitive benefits package in line with the seniority of the position. You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Science industry. You will be challenged by your peers and will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy and keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date: boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.
Our client is a multinational food company dedicated to bringing health through food to as many people as possible. R&D is an important basis of the work they do in nutrition and health. They collaborate with partners, for example in academia, suppliers and healthcare, aim to identify new nutritional intervention opportunities and develop innovative product forms. Their largest innovation center is located in Utrecht Science Park, the Netherlands. It is a state-of-the-art center for the development of new nutritional product concepts for Early Life Nutrition and Advanced Medical Nutrition. They create products that provide clinically proven health benefits to vulnerable consumers – infants, toddlers, expecting mothers, the elderly and patients.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Edwin Parlevliet via telefoonnummer 06-12387998
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.