Leuke verbindingen tot stand brengen. Daar krijg ik energie van!
Over de functie
Yacht has a current vacancy for the position of Product Development Assistant at Sabic. This position is open in Geleen, the Netherlands.
The primary activity of the PP Material Development and PE Products team in Geleen is to manage and develop an innovative product portfolio, primarily intended for production in the region. As the Product Development Assistant, you provide optimal support to internal business processes based on an excellent network and good technical and application knowledge. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Basic knowledge of ongoing product development processes; initiating and follow-up of work orders for compounding and testing of new formulations.
- Make recommendations regarding testing options, based on best fit for test capability and low cost targets.
- Follow up on delayed requests via external or internal suppliers and departments
- Aid in knowledge sharing among separate teams, especially as is related to best practices for requesting tests and results.
- To maintain, develop, generate and share knowledge of products by doing research and troubleshooting throughout the value chain.
- Maintaining and updating results and databases in IT systems.
- Functional ownership of our ROSES testing request system, including identification of new users and tests and coordination/fulfillment of these needs.
We are looking for an energetic, globally-minded person with good team spirit who can work in a dynamic environment. Other specifics include:
- Education in chemical technology, analytical chemistry or mechanical engineering at Bachelor level;
- Affinity towards product technology and curiosity to further develop insights based on portfolio overviews
- Knowledge and experience in the field of polymers, material properties. Experience and basic understanding of statistics is a plus, but not required.
- Preferred experience with extrusion/mould/test groups and language (test names, common acronyms, etc)
- You are a team worker with a good social antenna and a persuasive and challenging attitude.
- You must be able to fluently speak and write English and Dutch.
We offer a challenging, responsible position in a first-class business environment, with scope for personal development, individual coaching, and engagement with a large number of functions and highly skilled individuals. This position is best suited for someone who wants to see the big picture and keep the processes moving, rather than become an expert in one technical area.
Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: FrieslandCampina, Danone, Unilever, Mars, Heineken, Refresco and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Simon Hozi via telefoonnummer 06-23247281
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.