To improve the lives of patients by creating and developing innovative antibody products
Over de functie
Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a (Senior) Scientist Cell Science
Your team is responsible for the development of recombinant cell lines, production of proteins and the generation of cell banks. These activities are crucial for the development of new therapeutic antibodies and technologies. Your position will focus on translating new ideas to processes to support the research groups within the company.
- With your up-to-date knowledge and vision you represent the cell science expertise within our organization. By using different cell culture techniques, you contribute to the production of proteins for R&D purposes.
- With your team you develop mammalian cell lines for R&D purposes.
- You help to supervise research analysts carrying out our routine cell science activities.
- You propose new technologies for the optimization and innovation of cell culture processes and are responsible for their implementation.
- You work with external and internal parties to implement automation systems.
- You document scientific results in reports for the purpose of product development, publications, patents and documents related to regulations.
- You proactively look for ways to increase efficiency and optimize work processes.
You have relevant experience and are highly motivated to perform experiments in the field of cell sciences. You follow new scientific developments closely, and take an active role in your field of expertise. You are focused on achieving goals that are important for the team and our organization. You take initiative, enjoy working in a team, and inspire others with your enthusiasm.
Moreover, you meet the following professional requirements:
- You have finished a PhD with a broad knowledge of and experience with various cell culture techniques including culture of mammalian cells.
- You have experience and a demonstrably strong scientific background.
- At least 5 years additional work experience in a biotechnological company.
- You have specific experience with cell banking, transfection and transduction.
- Exposure to working with automated systems is highly desirable.
- You preferably have work experience using FACS.
- You have strong communication skills and a proactive approach to working in a team.
- You can run several projects parallel to each other and adjusting priorities appropriately together with the team.
- You recognize the importance of working according to the agreed research-based Quality System, which includes adhering to procedures and detailed documentation of your work.
- You are a flexible team player.
Direct and full-time contract at our client
Dynamic and innovative environment. Every employee is strongly motivated to participate in the development of new medicines which improve patients' lives. The company culture is aimed at innovation and excellence. Employees are passionate and work with determination and respect for each other to achieve our common goals. They work in multi-functional and international teams, in which each employee is stimulated to use his/her talent to contribute to innovation and results.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Edwin Parlevliet via telefoonnummer 06-12387998
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.