Design is intelligence made visible.
Over de functie
System engineering expert - Requirements, Test & Verification
As System Engineering Expert – Requirements, Test and Verification you are responsible for the realization and management of product requirements, product testing and verification in product creation projects. These projects can cover every phase of the product life cycle, from development, manufacturing, market deployment, operation and maintenance to phase out.
You will be mainly involved in the definition and review of testable requirements and the development of an optimization, integration and testing strategy towards product realization. In your role, you will support system architects to integrally manage the design, development, execution and reporting of tests. You will maintain and develop knowledge and expertise resulting in state-of-the-art approaches to serve our customers with the test and verification service proposition.
You will help to deploy best practices throughout the global company by providing training and coaching to development engineers and system architects.
As System Engineering expert - Requirements, Test and Verification you will
• Support the development of SMART, testable requirements in R&D projects across the business.
• Manage the system engineering information and its traceability (requirements, risks, design decisions, protocols, results) in the database
environment of the business
• Support project leaders, system architects and lead engineers to develop a risk based integration and testing strategy
• Create actionable integration and verification plans to release products and processes according to specified requirements
• Create adequate test requirements and test designs
• Prepare and set up the test base in line with the project plan
• Create, supervise and/or review test protocols
• Take ownership for test execution, sample management and test reporting
• Liaise with test centers, lab facilities to execute the verification plan
• Deploy best practices for requirements, risk, test and verification management globally in Philips to R&D project teams or organizations via training & coaching to enhance maturity
• Identify improvement opportunities in Philips businesses with respect to the Requirements, Test and Verification proposition and develop
actionable proposals, plans and tailored training materials or workshops to address these
• Manage your activities and services according to good project management practices
• Coordinate small teams of test & verification engineers if applicable
The Test and Verification Engineering team is part of the Reliability Solutions department of Philips Innovation Services and is a diverse group of more than 20 technical experts.
All have extensive experience in the field of test and verification strategy definition, requirement engineering and/or test automation and are actively supporting complex, innovative projects for our customers from both internal Philips businesses, as well as, external companies, located all over the world.
We are looking for
• PhD or Masters (MSc) degree in Physics, Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a business R&D environment
• Experience of working in a regulated environment or a medical device company has a strong preference
• A proven track record in the application of requirements management, test and verification best practices
• Experience in manufacturing quality control is highly preferred.
• In-depth knowledge and a proven track record in implementing and applying concepts in the fields requirement engineering, risk management and test management
• DfSS Black Belt or equal by experience
• You combine analytical and architectural thinking, physical insight, flexibility and a hands-on mentality to deliver sustainable results and creative solutions.
• Excellent reporting and documentation skills
• Experience with working with requirements or test management tools, e.g. DOORS, ALM, Integrity, Polarion, …
• Excellent consultancy skills and the ability to connect with project and business stakeholders
• Good project management skills
Furthermore to be successful in this role you are:
• Motivated, self-driven with a determination to succeed and the ability to adapt to change.
• Analytical, you are open to new ideas and believe in continuous learning in order to develop new competencies.
• A critical but constructive reviewer
• Customer focused, have excellent communication skills and you are a team player
• Fluent in English
• Willing to travel (if required)
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended
Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies.
This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry.
You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions.
Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Peter Groeneveld via telefoonnummer 06-53815170
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.