Enriching everyday lives through insightful nutritional solutions
Over de functie
Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a Scientist with a focus on biotechnology at Danone - Nutricia Research.
Danone Nutricia Research in Utrecht is searching for a scientist to work on biotechnology. You will be part of the Biotechnology and Ingredient Discovery team working on biotechnology linked innovations for ELN (Early Life Nutrition). The general focus of the team is on innovations linked to natural ingredients and value added ingredients that we can make in house or in close cooperation with suppliers.
As a Biotechnology focused Scientist you are responsible for:
- Looking through publications and research to find relative information to implement in experimental set ups.
- Working on improvement of current procedures
- Working on setting up new biotech pathways
- Participating in project team setting (on technical aspect)
- Working on new innovations linked to biotechnology
You are a person who loves to work with people and to be involved in scientific research. You can set up experimental plans and follow through and at the same time be flexible when changes are required.
- MSc in the field Food science and/or Food technology or Microbiology and / or Biotechnology
- 2 years experience in working in a laboratory setting (experience with fermentation or bioconversion)
- Knowledge of biotechnology and microbiology is a must
- Comfortable working in an international and dynamic organization, with various functional disciplines at several locations and a diversity of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Team player and problem solver
Secondment placement for 1 year with longer-term possibilities.
We will offer a competitive benefits package in line with the seniority of the position. You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Science industry. You will be challenged by your peers and will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy and keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date: boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.
Danone is a multinational food company dedicated to bringing health through food to as many people as possible. R&D is an important basis of the work they do in nutrition and health. They collaborate with partners, for example in academia, suppliers and healthcare, aim to identify new nutritional intervention opportunities and develop innovative product forms. Their largest innovation center is located in Utrecht Science Park, the Netherlands. It is a state-of-the-art center for the development of new nutritional product concepts for Early Life Nutrition and Advanced Medical Nutrition. They create products that provide clinically proven health benefits to vulnerable consumers – infants, toddlers, expecting mothers, the elderly and patients.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Edwin Parlevliet via telefoonnummer 06-12387998
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.