Opportunities don't just happen, you create them.
Over de functie
Royal Dutch Philips is the largest Dutch manufacturer of consumer electronics and is continuously looking to explore the most advanced related technologies. Do you have the experience to enforce Philips' Digital video development?
The application domain is Television, specifically the processing, control of processing, and conversion/transfer of high dynamic range (HDR) video signals for television. This involves tone mapping, color processing and gamut mapping. Also the design of adaptive algorithms to control the HDR processing/conversion/transfer on a frame basis are in scope. Basis knowledge of color science techniques as described in e.g. Charles Poynton “Digital Video and HD Algorithms and Interfaces” are definite plus. Typically the algorithms are designed (and partly evaluated) using tools like Matlab and Python. These designs are then transferred for development in C (or SoCs/FPGA’s).
Such development is, however, not part of the job. These algorithms in early prototypes are being tested with prospective customers, and in trials.
How will you add value? :
- Setting-up and executing tests and trials on site with e.g. broadcasters in cooperation with the commercial team and the prospective customer. Able to give guidance / input on optimal content capturing and processing conditions.
- Video processing skills: tune our HDR system to work optimally in the broadcast infrastructure provided by the customer
- Personal skills: Ability to interact with prospective customers, answer their questions,
- Problem solving skills: Solve performance issues on the spot together with our engineering team back home.
- Helping create (HDR) demonstrators of developed algorithms
- Interaction with the commercial team to define and develop setups for tests, demonstrators and trials
Do you meet our requirements?
- Academic or bachelors degree in a relevant technical orientation;
- Experienced in video signal processing, video coding and you preferably have knowledge of the various color spaces
- You know your way with scripting, C/C++/Python/Matlab
- At least 5-10 years of experience in the field.
- You are ready to relocate nearby the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven/Netherlands and you are willing to travel regularly as part of the assignment
This position is open to freelance / independent contractors as well. As an interim professional at Yacht, you'll boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
At Philips, we believe innovation shapes our lives. That’s why we’ve been investing continually in new technologies for over 100 years. This has allowed us to create a substantial portfolio of intellectual property (IP). A portfolio that you can also benefit from by licensing it from us.
On this website, http://www.ip.philips.com, you will find useful information about our intellectual property, our licenses, standards, IP acquisition, careers and news. Select the area you would like to discover more about, and see how you can expand your commercial and technical horizons by collaborating with us.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Rajeev Girjasing via telefoonnummer 06-22276866
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.