Say "no" to the good, so you can say "yes" to the best!
Over de functie
Engineering support to improve line performance for the EMEA facilities.
Implement BDP processes in EMEA manufacturing lines. Improve processes and systems of existing and new equipment or components.
Modify and improve existing equipment or components to improve manufacturing process.
- General equipment design (concept, calculations, detail design), and design of tools and dies for projects in EMEA manufacturing facilities.
- Material, equipment and parts specification and ordering, equipment testing and support at implementation.
- Machine safety, RCPS on customer complaint issues and map-out process variables (SOP, QA procedures).
- On-site support at implementing projects
- Develop and optimise manufacturing process in response to new products or process requirements. Mechanical design to Improve or modify existing equipment or processes.
- Provide technical guidance and support (RCPS) for the Greif drum manufacturing facilities (tooling, forming presses, general equipment design)
- Prepare equipment specifications and order equipment or parts
- Provide project co-ordination and assist with equipment / process installation, start-up and troubleshooting as required [dimension of projects in range of max. Eur500k ]
- Evaluate existing equipment and layout with regard to productivity (OEE), BDP and safety. Prepare and implement proposals for improvements.
- Document the design and work methods (mechanical design work, SOP's, QA procedures, reporting, TIS process descriptions, BDP's, machine documentation) in accordance with OSG guidelines
- Monitor & drive vendors and customers to ensure that progress, deliverables and sound practices are applied.
- Update and maintain current engineering knowledge in developing technologies and practices (lean manufacturing, machine safety, QC etc.).
- Travel throughout EMEA (approximately 30%)
- Adherence to the Greif Safety, Health and Environmental Policies
- Complete any other reasonable tasks or requests as required
Due to the specific type of work, extensive training and on the job guidance will be offered to a hire with less experience, so don't be doubtful if you still don't master all of the above, as long as you have the will and proven ability to learn and develop the specific knowledge and skills.
HBO level Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- General engineering knowledge and preferably experience in industrial packaging industry.
- Equipment design, mechanical engineering, CAD systems (Solid Edge, Acad)
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing (GPS) and how to apply this (e.g. SMED, kaizen, RCPS).
- Computer skills
- Proactively work on improvements
- Good knowledge of English language
- Knowledge of machine safety regulations.
- Reporting, training and process documentation.
- Training, coaching and mentoring skills
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Jim Engelhardt via telefoonnummer 06-13835803
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.