Ons netwerk wordt gedreven door vakmanschap en ambitie.
Over de functie
An analytic talent providing new insights to improve product conceptual designs
When starting new vehicle developments it is essential to have the most accurate information on the operating conditions of trucks and truck components. The growing availability of many big data sources enables this information to derived more complete and accurate. Based on this information requirements will be set for new vehicle and component designs, maximally optimized to operating conditions. This information will also be essential for optimal control function development.
Within the Technical Analysis department we are looking for a Lead Engineer – Big Data Analytics for Vehicle Development.
Objective of the function:
• To convert data that are available the databases (field test data, connected truck data, fleet management data, service databases, etc.) and public databases (traffic, climate, road data, transport, etc.) into valuable information to steer upfront specifications, developments and simulations of new truck designs.
• To condense this information into SMART use cases and cycles for optimizing and validating new designs with simulations in the Technical Analysis department.
In this function you will play a central role in data analytics for all vehicle development departments with main focus on energy management/CO2 and durability of trucks.
• Translate pro-actively the requests of stakeholders in different knowledge domains (property owners, system owner, simulation engineers) into information models and show and prove possible outcome to these stakeholders.
• Set up analysis plans, define required data and data sources and analyses methods.
• Create required access to large data sources and tools within IT infrastructure.
• Adapt and use the appropriate tools for merging and analyzing the data.
• Use advanced analysis methods to derive relevant, reliable and usable information.
• Visualize and communicate the results on various levels, ranging from engineers, system & property owner until senior management of PD.
• Attune and communicate requirements for tools and infrastructure
• Maintaining the data analytics capabilities by implementing new methods and processes in close cooperation with other data analysts and data scientists within the organization and other divisions.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
• Excellent analytical skills including statistics on MSc. level.
• Domain knowledge in automotive design, preferably on energy management.
• Good knowledge of data analytics methods and tools (like datamining, machine learning, SQL, Matlab, R, Python, Rapidminer, Hadoop, etc.) and affinity with IT systems/applications.
• Good communication skills, verbally and in writing in both Dutch and English.
• Pro-active, enthusiastic and critical towards representativeness and accuracy of results.
minimum of 6 months living and working in The Netherlands is a must!!
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Dorus Kanen via telefoonnummer 06-10360389
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.