Certainty is usually a sign of pathology
Over de functie
Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a (Senior) Research Assistant Pathology
The Pathology (PA) team works together with internal project and expert teams, to guide the development of ground-breaking new medicines from concept to the clinic. In this respect, PA delivers insights into target and biomarker expression in tissues to further support safety assessments, disease indication selection and mechanisms of action of therapeutic target concepts. The PA team works closely together to perform experiments in-house and in collaboration with international contract research organizations (CRO).
As a (Senior) Research Assistant Pathology you work with internal research teams to develop and perform new and state-of-the-art molecular pathology techniques to detect and quantify (in situ) mRNA and protein expression in normal and diseased tissues, using i.e. single/multiplex IHC, ISH (RNA scope) and quantitative image analysis.
You translate scientific questions into experimental plans and manage these into wet-lab activities. You develop new single and multiplex IHC/ISH tests and are responsible for experimental work, including routine tests, experiments, documentation, interpretation and filing of the data. You support reporting of scientific results in patents, publications, regulatory documents and reports. In this respect, you are able to design tissue analysis assays, and to interpret and precisely document these data.
As part of the Translational Research group, you belong to a group of experienced scientists and research associates with state-of-the-art knowledge of the fields of antibody biology, pathology, and biomarkers (immuno-)oncology.
- You are experienced and motivated to work in the field of immunology, tumour biology and digital pathology.
- You have a ‘getting things done mentality’, are enthusiastic, goal-oriented, capable of working efficiently and accurately and you enjoy working in a team.
- You are pro-active, set high standards for quality of your work.
- You are also interested in learning and developing new skills and are driven to work together on the development of a new generation of medicines.
Furthermore, as a (Senior) Research Assistant Pathology you meet the following professional requirements:
- You have a completed Bachelor or Master degree (candidates with a PhD background will not be considered for this role)
- You have experience (during work or internships) with immunohistochemistry and ISH (RNA scope) using autotimer platforms.
- You have experience with digital pathology (image analysis and image data management)
- Knowledge of, and/or work experience with immunology, tumour biology, molecular pathology is preferred.
- You are capable of managing several studies in parallel and to work in a flexible way.
- You recognize the importance of working in accordance to the quality systems, which includes adhering to standardized procedures and detailed documentation of your work.
- You have demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse group of scientists, research associates and are able to work with deadlines.
- You have good communicative skills in English
Direct and full-time employment at our client.
Dynamic and innovative environment. Every employee is strongly motivated to participate in the development of new medicines which improve patients' lives. The company culture is aimed at innovation and excellence. Employees are passionate and work with determination and respect for each other to achieve our common goals. They work in multi-functional and international teams, in which each employee is stimulated to use his/her talent to contribute to innovation and results.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Edwin Parlevliet via telefoonnummer 06-12387998
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.