Niet het gekwaak, maar het vliegen van de wilde eend, doet een kudde eenden vliegen en volgen.
Over de functie
For the Engineering Department of our customer, we are looking for a: Engineering Manager (40 hours/week)
The Engineering Manager reports to the Director of Operations and leads a team of 6 direct reports; 1 Automation Engineer, 3 Process Engineers and 2 Project Engineers.
The Engineering Manager is a member of the Operational Management Team.
Your responsibilities include:
- Developing process engineering design packages including material and energy balances, detailed equipment designs, and supporting documentation for new and existing processes;
- Engineering department management;
- Compliance with corporate policy as related to engineering department;
- Project management including cost estimation and progress reporting;
- Compliance with engineering aspects of PSM requirements;
- Technical support to sales, customer service, and operations;
- Purchasing, including contract negotiation and specification development;
- Secondary support to operations management;
- Improving process safety, production processes and product quality;
- Developing knowledge-intensive technology and/or strategic issues;
- Leading projects in the manufacturing excellence program;
- Cooperation and sharing knowledge with US colleagues by best practice.
- An academic degree in chemical engineering (or closely related study);
- Minimum of 20 year experience in the area of chemical manufacturing, experience with crystallization and spray drying is a must;
- Proven track record in the areas of process design/improvements, safety and project management;
- You are a creative, innovative, self-starting and highly motivating leader with at least 5 years experience in a management position;
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving capacity;
- Excellent communication skills, on all organizational levels, with both internal and external suppliers and customers;
- Excellent command of Dutch and English (spoken and written).
A certificate of good conduct (VOG: Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag) is required and must be submitted prior to the first day of employment.
- € 7.000 – € 8.000 gross monthly salary, depending on education and experience;
- Excellent fringe benefits, including a 13th month salary, a bonus scheme, commuting allowance and bicycle scheme;
- 25 vacation days and the option of buying/selling these;
- Group discount on individual insurance.
- A position involving a wide range of duties in a professional yet informal team. In addition to working hard, we also spend time on fun activities together;
- Possibility to make a career step towards Director of Operations after some years.
Our customer is a global leader in the production of salts, chemicals used especially in the food, feed and pharmaceutical industry, (for food conservation, antibiotics and dialysis treatment). There are two production sites, one in the USA and the other in the Netherlands. Corporate community engagement is important to us, so we enjoy contributing to our local community with volunteer activities and sponsorship. We truly value our employees! We ensure that the working environment is safe and the working conditions good. We also provide plenty of opportunities for personal development and growth. Over 50% of our higher and middle management have built their careers within our organization.
Working at this customer means working in a pleasant, international working environment with an open, enthusiastic and harmonious atmosphere.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Luuk van Schijndel via telefoonnummer 06-15020182
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.