Work hard - Stay humble
Over de functie
Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF Engine Development is the center of competence for Engine Development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine families for future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best of class products in the transportation world. We are driven to providing environmentally friendly products that are cost-effective and highly reliable for our customers. As a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality premium trucks we offer multiple opportunities to contribute to our success in a multi-disciplinary team.
The Functional Testing Team determines whether an engine and its subsystems are functioning according to established standards while the engine operates in its intended environment.
- Prepare, execute and analyze functional tests of investigations on engine sub-systems / components and their controls;
- Focus on engine mechanics and mechatronics;
- Document and evaluate test results;
- Coordinate test set-up and test execution;
- Develop new test procedures for engine components and engine systems and their controls;
- Active contribution to improve test efficiency and test quality;
- Collaboration in project teams.
DAF Trucks is looking for someone with:
- A Bachelor or Master degree on Mechanical Engineering or Automotive, preferably with demonstrable experience on mechatronics;
- Knowledge of internal combustion engines and sub-systems like engine cooling and engine lubrications systems etc.;
- Preferably about 2 years of experience with diesel engines;
- (In depth) knowledge of modern control, sensors, actuators and electronics;
- Knowledge on thermodynamics and fluid dynamics is preferred;
- Familiarity around measurement techniques for temperature, pressure, flow and data analysis;
- Excellent communication skills and who is able to work in a complex project oriented environment;
- Good English skills (mandatory) combined with willingness to learn Dutch;
- Lots of excitement talking about complex engine systems and development of solutions for complex technical challenges!
YACHT, a Randstad Company..
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the Yacht network and you will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF Trucks, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Lotte den Otter via telefoonnummer 06-22869400
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.