This is how memories are made... by going with the flow
Over de functie
Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a Research Associate Antibody Products - Flow Cytometry Expert
You will be responsible for maintaining a high-standard quality Flow Cytometry facility. As a member of project groups working on the development of therapeutic knock-your-socks-off antibodies and you will help out to study the mechanism of action and anti-tumor activity of our antibody products.Key Accountabilities
- You are responsible for the daily operation of our FACS cell analysers and cell sorters. This includes day to day instrument calibration, routine maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment. Currently our FACS capacity includes FACSFortessa’s, Intellicyt iQue Screeners and FACSAria.
- You are responsible for the organisation of our FACS facility and optimal and efficient use of the different machines.
- You are the first contact with external technical support or repair.
- This position includes training of new researchers on basic flow cytometry theory, operation of the analytical instrumentation, and utilization of various flow cytometry software programs (Diva, FlowJo).
- You are responsible to develop and introduce new innovative. FACS based assays in the field of immunology and/or oncology and to keep up with new developments in the field of flow cytometry.
- You will work in a team of scientists and technicians dedicated to the discovery and development of therapeutic antibody products and assist researchers with the design, execution (eg FACS sorting), and interpretation of flow cytometry results and also keep accurate records of experiments that are run in the facility.
- With your up-to-date knowledge of, and experience with assays in the field of immunology and preferably tumor biology you are responsible for accurate execution of experiments in assigned research studies.
- You document and process the test results, draw conclusions and report these to the team.
- With your specialized skills and knowledge of flow cytometry, immunology/oncology you will make important contributions to the research of the mechanism of action of our antibodies and selection and functioning of our clinical candidates.
Skills & Experience
- You have a completed Bachelor and/or MSc education. Candidates with a PhD background will not be considered for this role.
- You have a minimum of 5 years flow cytometry experience, including high-speed cell sorting.
- You have minimal of 2 years’ experience as FACS operator.
- You have work experience (2-3 years) in the field of immunology, tumor biology and you are motivated to expand your knowledge and skills.
- You have experience with cell culture, and functional cellular assays.
- You recognize the importance of working in accordance to the agreed Quality System, which includes adhering to procedures and detailed documentation of your work.
- You are fluent in both English and Dutch, which is spoken in the office.
- You have a ‘getting things done mentality’, you are enthusiastic, goal-oriented, efficient and accurate and you enjoy working in a team.
Direct and full-time employment at our client, starting with a 1 year contract
Dynamic and innovative environment. Every employee is strongly motivated to participate in the development of new medicines which improve patients' lives. The company culture is aimed at innovation and excellence. Employees are passionate and work with determination and respect for each other to achieve our common goals. They work in multi-functional and international teams, in which each employee is stimulated to use his/her talent to contribute to innovation and results.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Edwin Parlevliet via telefoonnummer 06-12387998
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.