To improve the lives of patients by creating and developing innovative antibody products
Over de functie
Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a Research Associate Screening and Assay Technologies.
Your team is responsible for automated high throughput screening and characterization of antibody panels. The data generated by the team is crucial for the selection and development of new therapeutic antibodies and antibody technologies.
Your new position:
- You will develop and execute immunological and cell based functional assays on fully and semi-automated platforms in high density formats (384 well and 1536 well)
- You will make use of a variety of read-out technologies including fluorescence and luminescence, imaging platforms, and label-free technologies
- You are responsible for the documentation of assay development, reporting of screening results and pro-active communication with your clients and team. You will create SOPs, work instructions, and calculation templates
- The execution of fully automated high throughput screens and automated data analysis of large data sets will be supported by our Lab Automation team
- You will closely work together with our Lead Generation team, and you will also interact with Research Technicians and Scientists of other departments for assay transfer and antibody characterization
You are experienced and highly motivated to develop and execute assays for high throughput screening and functional and biochemical characterization of therapeutic antibody panels. You are a team player focused on achieving goals, you take initiative, and communicate pro-actively. You are working accurately and customer orientated. You are capable of running several projects in parallel and to work in a flexible way.
Moreover, you meet the following professional requirements:
- You have a BSc or MSc degree or a similar level of knowledge in life sciences, biochemistry, biology or biotechnology (candidates with a PhD background will not be considered for this role)
- You have experience with immunological assays (in particular antibody binding), basic cell culture and cell based assays such as viability, apoptosis, live-dead assays, reporter assays, or kinetic assays.
- You have an affinity and a basic understanding of lab automation and a strong interest in (assay) technologies. Ideally you had first contact with automated (HTS) systems during your career.
- Experience in the area of image based assays and image analysis and/or label-free technologies such as SPR (Biacore) or BLI (Octet) is an advantage.
- You have a flexible, open, innovative and energetic attitude.
Direct contract at our client, full-time. This position starts with a 1 year contract.
Dynamic and innovative environment. Every employee is strongly motivated to participate in the development of new medicines which improve patients' lives. The company culture is aimed at innovation and excellence. Employees are passionate and work with determination and respect for each other to achieve our common goals. They work in multi-functional and international teams, in which each employee is stimulated to use his/her talent to contribute to innovation and results.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Edwin Parlevliet via telefoonnummer 06-12387998
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.