Creating new opportunities
Over de functie
Do you want to work as a senior backend engineer with a passionate team on a Go-based microservices ad-delivery platform for one of the biggest classifieds organizations in the world?
We expect from you:
- Experience (or a deep interest) in Go
- BS/BA level of thinking and cooperation
- Experience in a distributed, scalable, high-throughput and highly available systems
- Experience with server principles, API, Data storage/Databases and internals
- 4+ years’ experience in software engineering
- Being able to cooperate closely within your own team and with other teams
- A can-do attitude (sarcasm is allowed) and drive to solve problems for our partners and customers
- Share release management duties during feature rollouts, and debug (production) issues
What we can offer:
- Driven and passionate colleagues
- Technical and personal growth opportunities
- Office in Amsterdam, close to Amstel Station
- An agile and evolving development process focused on efficiently delivering value
- An English-speaking environment
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds, with twelve brands that span the Globe. The First Party Advertising technology team (iCAS) is looking for a Go-developer to strengthen the team. We are building an internally used advertising engine combined with seller tools, to deliver shopping listings to the multiple platforms we have within the eBay Classifieds Group. some of our complexities is the high traffic and volume demand, high uptime, managing click-fraud and optimizing the listings being shown
Your role in the team is to further improve the way we connect our buyers with our sellers through either better tools for our sellers, or better relevance and ranking of the results towards the buyer. We do this through a technology stack comprised of multiple (micro)services written in Go, backed by MySQL/Cassandra/Kafka/Redis/Hadoop/Clickhouse. This stack is run through Docker/Nomad/Consul/Fabio on the eCG private cloud, and we are handling dev-ops activities such as deployment (Github, Jenkins), uptime (lot's of 9s), monitoring (Prometheus, Pagerduty, Grafana) and maintenance as well.
- Up to 10K events per sec per service.
- System handling up to 150k impressions/clicks events.
- 115 nodes in a single search cluster with 4,294,926 documents.
- Serving the biggest classifieds sites in CA, NL and BE
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Marc van Steen via telefoonnummer 06-82531676
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.