Do you want to help improving the life of people
Over de functie
You as Mechanical Design Engineer are responsible for creating, implementing, and testing the mechanics on several levels, conform to the departmental and project procedures and processes (documentation, drawings and verification). The Mechanical Design Engineer ensures that his deliverables are consistent with the higher level requirements & designs. The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for planning and tracking of his deliverables and ensures risks are minimalized and communicated to stakeholders.
As Mechanical Design Engineer at Philips Medical Systems you are responsible for the next tasks:
- Requirements, design, implementation, test and integration of your modules in accordance with the unit requirements and design specifications;
- You ensures that your mechanical deliverables are reliable, efficient, easy to maintain, and user-friendly;
- You ensure that there is proper documentation (FDA/ISO standards) for the developed mechanics;
- Performs work in line with the engineering processes that have been agreed in the department;
- You understand and communicate consequences of your design on higher level designs;
- You will maintain by solving problems and implementing changes;
- Drawings up your own personal schedule and reports on your progress;
- Contributing to the Work Breakdown Structure and planning your process in your area;
- You stay up to date about technical developments in your own field through studies and technical contacts with people out of your field.
- Work in multidisciplinary project teams
- Working with DfX, e.g. design for product cost, warranty, installability, reliability
- Knowledge of FDA 21 CFR regulations and ISO 13485 standards
For the Mechanical Design Engineer at Philips Medical Systems we are looking for:
- A Master degree (preferred) or Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Product Engineering or Mechatronics;
- Preferably a minimum of 3 years of work experience in de medical domain;
- You have experience in materials such as: metals, plastic (polymers);
- You have experience in implement and test the design, conform to the departmental and project procedures and processes (documentation, drawings, verification);
- Experience with CREO Parametric or Pro-Engineer to make and update 3D models and 2D drawings, it will be good if you have some experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEM) software like ANSYS;
- You have experience in New Product Introduction (NPI) or Life Cycle Management (LCM);
- You are capable to understand tolerances analysis and calculate tolerance chains;
- Capable to define new BOM structures and/or to understand and update existing ones in Windchill;
- Proven experience in developing mechanical Modules (sub systems) from concept development to market launch with key involvement in the industrialization phase;
- Experience in working closely together with several other disciplines and departments;
- You know how to communicate with suppliers for manufacturing for cost estimation and you have track record;
- Good communication skills in English.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Simon Hozi via telefoonnummer 06-23247281
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.