Together working on building your career
Over de functie
As Engineer Vehicle installation systems you work as an independent engineer who will not shy away from constructive challenges.
For the Vehicle Installation group, part of the Chassis & Axles department, we are looking for an Engineer Vehicle Installation systems. As an Engineer you are the knowledge holder of a field of Brake Systems and / or Air Systems. You are responsible for the development activities that are required within your field and you feel passionate about that, you are working on one of the best trucks in the world!
Your main responsibilities are:
• On the basis of a project content you are able to draw up a package of requirements with which the requested constructions must comply;
• The constructions you have made are a balanced whole in which the set requirements (such as dynamic vehicle behavior, safety, reliability, feasibility, costs and weight) are realized;
• You organize and participate in Simultaneous Engineering teams to support the development process;
• The constructions (CAD files) are made in NX and processed in 3D files with the required product and assembly drawings;
• You are responsible for starting and following the necessary tests.
In the function of Engineer Vehicle Installation, you work closely with colleague system engineers and report to the Head of Vehicle Installation.
The ideal candidate brings the following package with him/her:
- You have a technical education at Bachelor level in the Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Mechatronics or similar;
- You have a (basic) knowledge of mechatronic system development;
- You have knowledge of CAD systems and experience with NX;
- You can easily communicate at different organizational levels where the Dutch and English language are not a problem for you; Knowledge of German is a plus;
- You work in a structured way and keep an overview of the work planning you have drawn up yourself;
- You feel at home in a dynamic work environment and are result-oriented.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
The Vehicle Installation department is responsible for the development and realization of projects in the areas of:
- Brake system;
- Air supply system;
- Pneumatic installation and components;
- Electrical installation and components;
- Hydraulic installation and components.
The developments are mostly in the mechanical field as well as for mechatronic systems. The challenge for the team is to design these systems in such a way that DAF customers appreciate the DAF vehicles for their performance and reliability. When realizing this, these aspects must be weighed in order to achieve an optimal balance of life, reliability, weight and costs. A specific challenge of the team is mainly the control of the variation and possibilities for standardization.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Robert Dolmans via telefoonnummer 06-82724609
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.