Philips - Innovation and You!
Over de functie
For the Mechanical Development & Integration (MDI) Department we are looking for a Mechanical Engineer who will work on product development from concept to proven detailed construction in a multidisciplinary team.
As a Mechanical Engineer you translate a chosen concept into an integrated mechanical construction. You design and validate the construction of a module of an appliance and further detail the parts in 3D and 2D towards final Technical Product Documentation.
You work on product development from concept to detailed design in a team consisting of mechanical engineers, function engineers, application research, process engineers, electronic engineers etc.
As a Mechanical Engineer in the MDI Team you will be responsible for:
- Creating one or more alternatives for a module construction
- Module owner
- Proof that your construction fulfills the function(s) and requirements under all load cases (calculation, simulation, tolerance analysis, proto’s + testing)
- Detail 3D and 2D files incorporating Design for Manufacturing and Design for Assembly requirements and archiving in C PLM system (Windchill)
- Planning and realizing your own work and manage the interfaces with other modules/parts
- Re-use of existing knowledge (known concepts)
- Document your choices and proof in a Design History File (evidence document)
You will be part of the Mechanical Development and Integration department in Innovation team Male Grooming that consists of 50+ enthusiastic technical specialists within a total Male Grooming team of 300+ people. The projects are demanding for great results. You will report to one of the 3 group leaders of the MDI department.
Allocated 5 days on the site Drachten
- You have an education on Bachelor (HBO) level in Mechanical Engineering (WTB) / Industrial Product Design (IPO) with minimal 5 years of experience as a mechanical engineer in designing mass produced Consumer Products
- You are familiar with design and manufacturing of mechanical constructions in plastic and metal; experience with high precision metal constructions and drive mechanisms is a plus.
- Specific Experience: knowledge in specific competence area (eg. watertight appliances, UI, M&F) is a plus.
- You have the ability to proof construction concepts by calculation, simulation and/or prototypes
- You are familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques and CAD. You have knowledge of the design of mechanical constructions in plastic and/or metal and preferably you are familiar with the manufacturability aspects (mould/tooling design), analysis (strength, stiffness) and drive mechanisms;
- You have expert skill level in CAD NX 10
- You have experience in working in (international) multi-disciplinary projects, preferably in Business to Consumer;
- You show drive and are quality driven. Experience with Design for Six Sigma is a plus;
- The ability to balance innovation and practical realization;
- You are able to think on conceptual level but are also hands-on.
- Determination in decision making and independence;
- You are ambitious, a team player and you have good coordination, communication skills (writing and presentation in both Dutch and English)
Yacht will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Royal Philips of the Netherlands is a diversified technology company focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving and grooming and oral healthcare.
Within Philips Consumer Lifestyle in Drachten you’ll find two of the largest innovation sites of Philips globally. With over 2.000 colleagues from over 35 different nationalities, it’s an inspiring environment to work in.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Elske Jager via telefoonnummer 06-38328799
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.