Inspire, educate, accelerate!
Over de functie
Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a Scientist Virus Purification/ Down-Stream Processing (DSP) at our client, a biotechnology company.
As a Scientist Virus Purification / DSP, you will supervise multiple programs having project oversight and direct and/or indirect report management responsibilities. You will be leading a team of approximately 4 technicians. Your team works on product development ranging from purification development and product characterization to clinical manufacturing.
As a Scientist Virus Purification / DSP, you will translate project goals in activities and deliverables, write study plans and reports, manage all DSP laboratory activities and provide project progress updates. Additionally, you will be involved in hands-on operation of purification techniques and analyzing data.
As a Scientist Virus Purification / DSP, you will have a pivotal role in project teams regarding deliverables and interacting with other departments within the company. Hereto, strong organizational skills are essential and flexibility is a must.
You will join a stimulating group of international researchers in a very collaborative environment. As part of this group, your personal as well as your scientific growth are encouraged and developed. This position reports to the Associate Director Downstream Process Development and indirect to the Project Manager.
As a Scientist Virus Purification / DSP, you have:
- a Master or PhD degree in life science, biotechnology, biochemical engineering or related subject
- at least three years’ experience in biotechnology or bio-pharmaceutical industry
- a minimum of 3 years of working experience in bio-process development/ DSP, specifically chromatography and ultrafiltration/ diafiltration
- GMP experience and or technology transfer skills are preferred
- a good command of the English language (written and spoken)
- You are enthusiastic and comfortable in a dynamic environment
- You can work both in a team (preferably also multidisciplinary skills to assist with other departments like USP or assay’s) and individually
- You communicate clearly at all levels; you can get your thoughts, ideas and knowledge across in a helpful and clear way
- You enjoy both hands-on and theoretical work
- Your planning and organization skills allow you to have an overview of the necessary work and you are able to meet deadlines
- You have a proven track record of managing and mentoring people
Direct and full-time employment at our client.
An innovative and expanding Dutch Biotechnology company focusing on bio-pharmaceutical development.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Edwin Parlevliet via telefoonnummer 06-12387998
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.