Good designers are praised for their technique, great designers for their impact.
Over de functie
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Shape the next generation consoles to improve the lives of Cardio-Vascular patients.
Our challenge is:
We aim to bring a cardiovascular image- and sensor derived physiology solution to the market to guide treatment of cardiovascular disease.
You will be working on product (hardware) development of a device regarding this solution.
Cardiovascular disease is the number one cause of death globally and it’s on the rise. At the same time the patient population is growing, it’s also becoming more complex. More people are suffering from a range of confounding comorbidities that necessitate more personalized treatments. Combined with changing regulations and fewer resources, health systems face a significant challenge to provide high-level individualized care to complex heart disease patients without incurring incremental risks or costs
You are responsible for
- The development of the console architecture as part of the technology roadmap & collaborate with Advance development team to design and develop long term Console and Patient Interface Module (PIM) architecture solution;
- requirement gathering, acceptance of requirements and design document in close consultation with the systems engineering team, technical leads in Hardware and software, application specialists, subject matter experts, regulatory government & industry bodies;
- determine Sub-system partitioning and development of Console sub-system and its interfaces to the outside world
- create and implement together with the system engineer the console subsystem verification and test strategy and regulatory strategy
- Lead and participate in Technical Design Reviews as an author, independent reviewer or subject matter expert.
- Documenting and presenting system architecture to development managers, project leaders and development teams;
- Technically responsible for design, DfX targets, implemention/realization and timely delivery of the required functionality (estimation, technical risk for console subsystems, collaborating with Console function leads and R&D Project manager;
- Collaborate to set and evaluate technical release criteria for design transfer from Advanced Development to development projects (PDLM Product Development, Launch & Maintenance).
You are a part of
A high-energy, international cross-functional advanced development team of the business unit Image Guided Therapies – Devices. Your local team is in Best, The Netherlands, and you will collaborate with the teams in Rancho Cordova and San Diego, United States. Thereby making it a multidisciplinary international endeavor, where flexibility is key. Read more about our cardiology solutions via our site.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor/Master/PhD in Electronics, Computer science or Computer engineering;
- Strong inclination to track new technology and developments.
- Experience in the design and implementation of systems/subsystem. Conversant with Design pattern selection, reliability, design FMEA. ;
- Highly regulated environments product development. Medical or highly regulated product development experience
- Advanced knowledge in the use of design and simulation tools related to hardware ( heatflow,CAD);
- Has an End-to-end overall view with respect to manufacturability, serviceability, cost price, Knowledge and understanding of other disciplines (software, mechanics);
- Strong problem solving skills, excellent communication skills, proven ability to think in abstract, analytical and provide creative views. Drive
- (out-of-the-box) solutions to complex problems. Capable of working independently or as part of a team to achieve project and business objectives.
In return, we offer you
- A multidisciplinary environment where you get to work on a solution that makes the difference in the operating room, where you will not only improve your collaboration skills but also your knowledge within the medical domain of cardiovascular. Satisfaction; your work will serve in the ER’s for a long time (at least 20 years).
- Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
Philips has the vision to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Their investment in innovation and local business creation enables them to deliver a stream of locally relevant, meaningful innovations. They have a leading global brand, which is highly trusted across the world.
Every second, IGT Systems help a customer get a patient home faster and healthier through our superior image guided therapy systems and clinical expertise. The Innovation team plays a crucial role in the development of clinical solutions for our customers.
The IGT department serves as the engine for growth for Image Guided Therapy Systems. For this job you are responsible for the development of innovative technologies and solutions. One of the key imperatives is to create new growth opportunities for IGT systems.
To see more about the IGT department click on the following link:
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Peter Groeneveld via telefoonnummer 06-53815170
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.