Design is intelligence made visible.
Over de functie
Will you accelerate digital innovation in the Philips Health Continuum covering healthy living, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and home care?
Are you ready to embrace the challenge to work together in a multidisciplinary team to define, design, realize, and verify complex electronic circuits and systems that are part of connected solutions, encompassing the cloud, portable devices, and all devices in-between the major components of a system?
Do you want to empower yourself, take initiative, innovate and constantly strive to deliver better solutions?
As System Designer Connectivity you are responsible for:
• Supporting the architect in the definition of scope and problem domain, and the translation of customer wishes into
• Definition and decomposition of the architecture to the level that it can be realized by the development team
• Definition of the required hardware and software interfaces in close co-operation with the architect and experts
• Identifying technical risks and potential mitigations
• Combining existing and/or purchased modules into components, which can be integrated into the subsystem
• Translating applicable standards and regulations to their technical impact
• Driving an accepted implementation of architecture, by explaining, convincing, involving of, and cooperating with
relevant competence holders and stakeholders
• Supervising and driving the development team to design, realize and verify a system, subsystem or component in a structured way
• Ensuring that there is proper documentation for the developed hardware, software, and/or mechanics
• Working with focus on customer needs and technological competitiveness, and keeping an outside-in approach in mind for the designs
• Communication of technical progress towards customers, management and the project team
• Supporting the project leader in the planning process for all development activities
The Electronic department is part of Philips Innovation Services and located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven (the Netherlands). We make a major contribution to the development of many digitally connected Philips products, systems and services. We deliver solutions from first-of-a-kind to mass-production, in multi-disciplinary one-roof teams. We focus on electronics and software development, backed up by 800+ specialists in adjacent competence areas. We work closely together with other Philips R&D departments and with key component suppliers to realize the digital innovation ambition of Philips. We are a certified organization (ISO9001, ISO13485) and are highly experienced in applying standards & regulations (e.g. IEC60601, IEC62304, ISO14971, MDD, FDA).
Your team works according to the Agile methodology, applying the principles of Scrum. You will work on highly innovative propositions, new to Philips, so an entrepreneurial mindset is an advantage. Together with your team, you will strive for continuous improvement of deliverables, your way of working, and yourself.
We are looking for
• A Bachelor or Master degree in Electronics or Electronic Engineering
• At least 10 years of relevant experience in Electronics or Electrical product development with at least 3 years
of demonstrable focus on system design (hardware and embedded software)
• Strong background in innovative development projects, comfortable with managing the funnel from relatively vague
requirements to a well-defined project with committed stakeholders
• Experience with risk management and problem solving tools and methods
• Knowledge of (Celullar) IoT Connectivity standards (4G/5G, LTE CAT M1, NB-IoT, LoRa, …), their complex eco-systems,
their application domains, and their key components (hardware and software)
• Strong background in the implementation and verification of Connectivity standards and their key components in a
consumer/professional product environment, encompassing hardware (including the radio part) and (low level) firmware
(i.e. emphasis on layers 1-2 of the OSI model)
• Knowledge of quality & regulatory standards that apply to Connectivity (FCC, ETSI, …), development of electronic
systems in general, and/or the Healthcare domain
• Proven track record of applying a structured and precise way of working
• Excellent communication skills, and a customer centric attitude combined with a problem solving and pragmatic attitude
• Strong analytical skills, architectural thinking, switching from helicopter to detailed view
• Experience in coaching and leading colleagues/teams in finding technical solutions
• Experience in an Agile way of working
• Experience with driving multidisciplinary and multi-site development teams
• Experience with supplier management
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended
Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies.
This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry.
You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Are you planning an innovation and looking for ways to improve your time to market?
How can you make sure that it is designed to be manufactured cost-effectively and reliable?
Do you lack specific competences? Maybe a tough technical challenge requires an out-of-the box
solution? Or do you need a maturity step in one of your processes or products?
Philips Innovation Services is an innovation service provider,
Philips want you to be successful in delivering your innovations to the market, where they
can matter to customers and society as a whole. The mission of Philips Innovation Services is
to accelerate your innovation. Inside and outside Philips, from start-up to multinational.
Being globally active with almost 1,000 specialized experts and 10,000 m2 of high-tech
infrastructure, we can accelerate your innovation with development, realization and consultancy
in these key areas of expertise.
Interested to work via Yacht at Philips?
Please send your applicatition asap and we hope to meet you soon at our addres at the High
Tech Campus 32 in Eindhoven or via a skype call.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Peter Groeneveld via telefoonnummer 06-53815170
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.